• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    OK, what's the legality of building an AR pistol? Anything I need to be aware of? Does it have to have a front grip and made an AOW?

If you attach a front grip, you must make it an AOW first. If you have no front grip and/or stock attached you're fine. Just make sure you build it from a stripped "virgin" receiver and you should be good to go. This is how I understand the law, others may chime in with more info.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    My 300 BLKOUT upper will very very similar to this. Same rail but 1" longer.

p-75-556_1.jpg

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...-75-556&cat=172&page=1&search=&since=&status=

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I've picked up a few parts to start this build (RR pistol tube, Stark grip with single point sling) but am still fuzzy about the legality of it; aren't AR pistols considered variants of the Bushmaster AR pistol, and therefore a no go?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I've picked up a few parts to start this build (RR pistol tube, Stark grip with single point sling) but am still fuzzy about the legality of it; aren't AR pistols considered variants of the Bushmaster AR pistol, and therefore a no go?

NO. End of story. The Bushmaster was NOT an AR. Bushmaster DID NOT make an AR pistol when the law was passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom