• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Just did the paperwork for a M&P9c today. Should be able to pick it up on Thursday, but probably won't be able to shoot it until the following week. I was back and forth between a G26 and this. After reading countless threads and playing both guns for awhile i decided on the M&P. I've owned Glocks before and have never really be impressed. I'll definitely let everyone know how it shoots. I plan on just buying some WWB to break it in and testing some defensive ammo afterwards as I plan on using this as my night stand gun. I am also thinking of some night sights later on down the road. Does anyone know of a good holster for this gun?

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    The SafariLand ALS is a good one. My wife has had her's for about 2 years and it has been great. SafariLand does make one exactly for the compact, but if you trim a little off the bottom of one for the full size M&P it works great, too.

Last edited:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Nice choice. Same thing happened to me. Back and forth between G26 and M&P9c. Guess what I went with.
    100_0639.jpg

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I was looking at some in my local shop but nothing really caught my eye. What about NS's? Any one brand better than the other? I've never had any experience with them but I've always wanted to try a set.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I was looking at some in my local shop but nothing really caught my eye. What about NS's? Any one brand better than the other? I've never had any experience with them but I've always wanted to try a set.

Trijicon HD Night Sights are a great choice!

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    The G26 didn't feel right in my hand. I was also looking at the G30 they had but decided that if I were to get a 45 it would probably be a HK or FNH. The G30 felt better than the G26 IMO.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    The G26 didn't feel right in my hand. I was also looking at the G30 they had but decided that if I were to get a 45 it would probably be a HK or FNH. The G30 felt better than the G26 IMO.

Take a look at the M&P 45 Mid or Compact :thumbsup:

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Nice gun, If it's gonna be a bedside gun you might want to look into a light for it. And then call up Concealment Solutions, and they can make a custom holster for it with the light that's very similar to the cross breed.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    My next purchase will be a full size gun that I'd like to get into some IDPA events with. I have a SS Taurus/Beretta copy that my dad gave me, but I am not a huge fan of it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Congratulations!

I like Comp-Tac holsters. I have a Comp-Tac paddle holster for my full size M&P, which also works for my M&P Compact. I also have a Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator which only fits the Compact. Getting away from Comp-Tac, I have a Kholster IWB which fits either the Full Size or the Compact M&P.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1064624&postcount=51

There are a lot of threads around here about holsters. Do some searches.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Had a M&P 9c for about 5 years now, carry it daily, and have several thousand rounds through it without any problems, it is accurate, reliabe, easy to shoot, and about the smallest pistol that can be shot as fast as a fullsize.

If you are swapping sights, you should also add polishing/radiusing the safety button, or replacing it with an Apex tactical part, this will greatly smooth the trigger, and to get to the button, you have to pull the rear sight anyway. Add their sear, or get a competent smith to reshape the stock one, and the trigger will be a thing of beauty.

For holsters, The Safariland ALS is the best open carry holster I have tried, they do make one specifically for the compact part#6378-319-411. It's similar to the Serpa, but the lock is on the left side of the pistol, and works with your thumb, it is thick kydex, lined with suede, and includes belt and paddle peices. For concealment, I have a Desantis cozy partner, it's listed as a G30 holster, and fits the M&P perfectly, I also have a G30 I carry in the winter, so I ony need the one holster for both pistols.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Add their sear, or get a competent smith to reshape the stock one, and the trigger will be a thing of beauty.

Really, really disgusts me that S&W can't just sell them right the first time. Oh, but they'll be happy to sell you a "pro" model that has the trigger it should have .... for about another $100.

It's this kind of mentality that has turned me off on S&W and kept me from getting one.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Just did the paperwork for a M&P9c today. Should be able to pick it up on Thursday, but probably won't be able to shoot it until the following week. I was back and forth between a G26 and this. After reading countless threads and playing both guns for awhile i decided on the M&P. I've owned Glocks before and have never really be impressed. I'll definitely let everyone know how it shoots. I plan on just buying some WWB to break it in and testing some defensive ammo afterwards as I plan on using this as my night stand gun. I am also thinking of some night sights later on down the road. Does anyone know of a good holster for this gun?

Check my PM I sent you reference this gun and accessories.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Really, really disgusts me that S&W can't just sell them right the first time. Oh, but they'll be happy to sell you a "pro" model that has the trigger it should have .... for about another $100.

It's this kind of mentality that has turned me off on S&W and kept me from getting one.

There is nothing wrong with the stock M&P trigger, it works, but is a bit gritty, has a mush break and feels rough for a few hundred rounds, most of this is from the safety button. The Pro trigger is lighter, and crisper but just as rough, same deal with GLOCKs, the button and rough finish on the bar adds some grit. A radiused button on the standard trigger smooths it out, but keeps the 4-5# pull, and to me is better for defense, a reshaped sear shortens the reset, reduces overtravel, and makes the pull crisper, but keeps the weight. The Pro's trigger is lighter, and has a very short break after the takeup stroke, good for shooting or competition, but not ideal for defense. My pro is mostly stock, 1# lighter safety button spring, radiused button, and polishing on the bar gives it less than a 1# takeup, and sub 3# break. My compact model that I carry has a radiused button, re-shaped sear and some polishing, for a smooth pull, a bit more creep than the pro, 2# takup and 5# break with short overtravel and reset, both are ideal for their purpose, both were decent out of the box. I am kinda a trigger snob, I like a nice smooth and uniform trigger, with minimal overtravel and reset, weight isn't as important to me, but should fit the gun and purpouse(lighter for full size and competition models, heavier for compacts and defensive models), I have worked on the triggers of almost all of my pistols except for some high end models, some like Sigs have excellent triggers out of the box, and really don't need any work, especially for defense. Just about every pistol that uses a safety button that is depressed by a sliding bar, and not a cammed lever will be rough to some degree, and can benefit from some work, but it is a proven and reliable design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom