• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I am interested in suppressing my fnx9. I haven't been able to find aftermarket parts for this handgun so i am guessing that i would need to have the barrel threaded. Has anyone done this before? Would it work reliably or would i have to do some modifications? Thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    FNP Barrels work on FNX Handguns, there is an aftermarket company who makes them, so do the aftermarket Tall Ameriglow Sights.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Thanks for the information. I meant to ask if parts for the FNP and the FNX are interchangeable. Does the FNX suppress reliably?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I do not know if the FN handguns suppress reliably.. I was hoping you can fill us in on that information.

(Ever since my kids went to college.It dried up the NFA fund a bit.)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The problem with suppressing FNP and FNX guns is lack of aftermarket recoil springs and guiderods.

Instead of finding springs that work your best bet is to break in the gun well without a suppressor and the new barrel. Do a poligh job to the feed ramp or have a smith do it, THEN attach the suppressor (Must have a booster) and you should be fine. If not buy other loads till you find one that will cycle the action.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    The problem with suppressing FNP and FNX guns is lack of aftermarket recoil springs and guiderods.

Instead of finding springs that work your best bet is to break in the gun well without a suppressor and the new barrel. Do a poligh job to the feed ramp or have a smith do it, THEN attach the suppressor (Must have a booster) and you should be fine. If not buy other loads till you find one that will cycle the action.

Never thought of that either. Maybe i should save up to buy a HK USP Tac. :innocent0

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Clandestine is correct about the difficulty of aftermarket parts on FN handguns.....that said they are very good products.

I tell everyone that buys a can/gun setup that they need to break the weapon in before attaching the can. This eliminates the "this can won't work!" phone calls.....EVEN HKs NEED BREAK IN! trust me, the HK USP Tactical is one of the sweetest rigs out there and they need at least a box or two before they will run with a suppressor. I recommend five hundred rounds to those that use Johns Guns or other non-booster cans. Also, Clandestine's comment about polish jobs is right on......I do this to most of my weapons anyway as it helps avoid funk buildup in this critical area but it is especially critical with suppressed weapons where there is less energy to cycle the action.

I support you trying the FN (i've even though about it as a project) though I'd just extend and thread the factory barrel.....On the other hand, the HK is the top of the game. I would do an HK myself, but that's because that is what I'm familiar with....

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Well i stopped by my local gun store and talked with the guy. I might get a HK USP tac in .45. He had one and it felt good in my hands so i might start saving up for that.

I have both the USP Tac and the FNP .45 Tac with rmr. I was running the FN 2 weeks ago with my AAC evo. had no issues in 100 rounds. even ran wet for a bit and the H2O made a big difference in decibels and mess.

My preferences run toward HK, but FN did good work on this model. I really like the rmr on there and the high night sights are slick.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    That's another one i should look in to also. The FNP 45 Tac looks like a great pistol, but i just haven't found much feedback for it.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    everyone I know likes their FNP 45 Tactical. Clandestine has a writeup on it that mentions somewhat erratic ejection, but it does not appear to impair the function of the weapon. I've never experienced this issue with the HK, though.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Thanks, im going to have to check one out. I have other threads asking about grip sizes of the FNP and the H&K. I've held an H&K, how does the FNP compare to size and feel?

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    On the feel of the FNP - I tried one, but didn't like how fat and square it is. The H&K has better ergo in my opinion. I have aH&K .45 on the way and plan on suppressing it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom