• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    2/25/2010

Is anyone interested in what has NOT being posted about the 13 of 15 bills that will have hearings March 11 ?

How will this effect your stand? :innocent0

The Fiscal and Policy Notes:

1. HB 354 Not available at this time
    2. HB 683 Not available at this time
    3. HB 820 Not available at this time
    3. HB 893 Not available at this time
    4. HB 905 Not available at this time
    5. HB 942 Not available at this time
    6. HB 1268 Not available at this time
    7. HB 1328 Not available at this time
    8. SB 44 Available
    9. SB 167 Not available at this time
    10. SB 191 Not available at this time
    11. SB 274 Available
    12. SB 563 Not available at this time
    13. SB 645 Not available at this time
    14. SB 743 Not available at this time
    15. SB 842 Not available at this time

Hearings | MARCH 11 @ 1:00 p.m.
    Comments:

:confused:

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I'll be there no matter what. I figure this is when it really counts. So I hope anybody that lives closer than 2 and a half hours away will come .
    PS: Anybody at the shore can PM me to get a ride.

Come on boys ...... OVER THE TOP !!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    ... or they work for a living. :envy:

As do I. Two jobs as a matter of fact. Fortunately I happen to be off that day. All that I was implying was that for all of the views there were little responses. Even a ”I can't take off" would be better than nothing.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Whos going? I am. Will be coming from Essex. If anyone needs a ride I have room for 3 more comfortably, 4 if we snug in.

I was planning on this event.. Mom is in a wheelchair in PA, so taking
    of a couple days to see her.. Not that I need a explaination!!!

I've sent emails...alot and letter to senators and delegates. I'm sure
    you and MSI will represent us well. :thumbsup:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Can't make this one, but I did shoot out another round of emails from my account ( and my wife's).

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    WHO is going from Harford co. Looks like I got room for one more.

Last edited:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    In case anyone needs info on this I have collected some. the address is 6 Bladen st. room 100. See below if you wish to testify. the hearing start at 1300 hrs

JUDICIARY COMMITTEE
    Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., Chair
    Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, Vice Chair

Room 100, House Office Building, Annapolis, MD 21401-1991
    (410-841-3488 Annapolis/Baltimore Area; 301-858-3488 Washington, D.C. Area)

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Anyone wishing to testify on any bill must sign the witness register before the hearings begin. If you have written testimony, please submit 35 copies to the committee clerk for distribution at least 60 minutes before the bill hearings begin. The order that bills are listed on the schedule is not necessarily the order in which they will be heard. _______________________________________________________________________________

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    If i hadn't had to take all my leave due to the snow closing work, i would be there. I'm still considering leaving work early to come over. I'll have to see if anyone would notice.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Guys,

I took Comp Time off work tomorrow to attend the hearings. I am taking my 10th grader-daughter so she gets a lesson on civics and knows that Democracy is not an spectator sport. Is there a list to sign if you want to speak?

Feb 16, 2010
    lanham, MD
    i for one would love to join every one there but i recently started on a new jobsite and will not be able to pull away (First time i work with this property as contractor still touchy feely) but i have sent out emails on 2 occasions already. to all those going good luck to u guys and to all of us and hope we finally get a break through

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Guys,

I took Comp Time off work tomorrow to attend the hearings. I am taking my 10th grader-daughter so she gets a lesson on civics and knows that Democracy is not an spectator sport. Is there a list to sign if you want to speak?

Yeah. The list is on a table against the wall as you walk in. Each bill has a sheet, with spots for those that want to speak for and agin.

You have to sign up before hand though. Good on your for taking your daughter.

I'm going. Everyone should be going. I took off work last year, and this year. With 4500 members, if 10% showed up, that would be a huge showing. Last year we only had 20 or so people come out. If we have to do this again next year, i'm organizing a gun raffle, with prizes going to those that show up.

Dont be scared. Your fellow MD shooters members will have your back. We wont let any committee members pick your pocket while your back is turned.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Guys,

Try to get there by 11 to sign up. I think they usually yank the sign up sheets about 30 minutes beforehand.....hard to say what they'll do to us though. We're treated worse than child rapists.

See y'all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom