Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Head on a swivel. I grew up hunting and I think as a result I am constantly scanning my surroundings. My wife on the other hand... Is there any source for getting accurate crime stats? Date, time, location and type or do communities just bury it to keep the sheep sheeped. Kind of a rhetorical question.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Columbia continues its rapid descent. My house is walking distance to Monarch Mills, a section 8 housing complex that has seen 3 shootings and a stabbing in the last 12 months. It is directly next to Guilford Elementary school. One silver lining of the coronavirus is that we chose to send our son to private school in person. We love his new school and are grateful he will not have to go back to Guilford Elementary where bullets can fly at any moment.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Head on a swivel. I grew up hunting and I think as a result I am constantly scanning my surroundings. My wife on the other hand... Is there any source for getting accurate crime stats? Date, time, location and type or do communities just bury it to keep the sheep sheeped. Kind of a rhetorical question.

I use the following, tailored for my personal address:

https://spotcrime.com/

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    what a shame

Columbia continues its rapid descent. My house is walking distance to Monarch Mills, a section 8 housing complex that has seen 3 shootings and a stabbing in the last 12 months. It is directly next to Guilford Elementary school. One silver lining of the coronavirus is that we chose to send our son to private school in person. We love his new school and are grateful he will not have to go back to Guilford Elementary where bullets can fly at any moment.

wow, what a shame. Used to be awesome back in the late 80's and early 90's. Always wanted to move there....

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Two by the same two twerp perps in Germantown recently

Yeah I know someone on the street where that one happened after the failed attempt at the gas station. It’s a nice quiet neighborhood too. These kids are coming up from DC to steal cars on the regular now.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I've seen this in the news and warned my spouse accordingly.

I guess I feel lucky. She mostly supports my views and actions and isn't treating me like a tinfoil-hatter.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    That crossroads area has always had its share of crime issues back to at least the 90s. It has a rough neighborhood (think trailer park boys) behind the big box strip mall and it has been a constant target by stick up boys and thieves due to its proximity to major interstates facilitating a quick getaway.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I've seen this in the news and warned my spouse accordingly.

I guess I feel lucky. She mostly supports my views and actions and isn't treating me like a tinfoil-hatter.

That’s good, I’ve had a mix of agreement and being looked at like I’m nuts. She keeps her head in the sand somewhat and has her media silos. When I was talking about the link between rioting, the defund movement and increased shootings in NYC I was met with skepticism bc she has a woke friend in a fancy part of Brooklyn. Last summer: “she says it’s been fine, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” A few weeks ago: “She doesn’t take walks outside anymore bc of all the shootings and robberies.”

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    If they would just give everybody a free car there would be no need for carjackings...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    His moms said he had on his work boots and needed a ride to gets to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom