• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pennyanfernee

Nov 2, 2020
    I want to grab something MD compliant while I wait for my MD DMV appointment to get an ID. Best places in NOVA to shop? I'm near PG County area so ideally not trying to go to Fredericksburg or way out the way. A good FFL spot in NOVA works as well.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Idk how this is showing up as a first post because: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=250264

Plus other posts. Idk I can't call it.

Just to let you know... post in the introduction thread aren't counted. That's why this post looks like your first.

Also, to let you know... MDS gets a lot infiltrators who mean to do harm to the 2nd amendment community, that's is why some members are cautious with new members. Especially this time of year when the Maryland General Assembly is in session and trying to cram a bunch of anti-gun bills down are throats.

So, by looking at your other posts, I say keep on doing what you're doing. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on some subjects and will be a good addition to the community.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. I apologize, I did not realize you had already introduced yourself.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Vienna Arsenal in Vienna, VA has had a decent inventory recently. They seem to get a good amount of used/trade ins and but stuff turns over really quick, especially with how things have been recently. Sharpshooters in Lorton could be an option too. With both places I’d call before making the drive to see what they have in stock, they should both be familiar with enough with Md regs from my experience.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    You might find it useful to get a PO box in VA for mail order purchases of magazines that MD is OK with you owning but not OK with you buying in MD. VA is still grg on standard capacity mags (for now.)

Belle View post office is pretty convenient to PG county.

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    I personally like Virginia Arms in Manassas. Great shop, nice, knowledgeable staff, decent pricing.

pennyanfernee

Nov 2, 2020
    Just to let you know... post in the introduction thread aren't counted. That's why this post looks like your first.

Also, to let you know... MDS gets a lot infiltrators who mean to do harm to the 2nd amendment community, that's is why some members are cautious with new members. Especially this time of year when the Maryland General Assembly is in session and trying to cram a bunch of anti-gun bills down are throats.

So, by looking at your other posts, I say keep on doing what you're doing. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on some subjects and will be a good addition to the community.

I understand that. I try to do my do my part on this here internet where I can. I appreciate all of the knowledge on here.

Thanks for the suggestions folks as always.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A year ago I would have pointed out that Big Dogs specializes in Md compliant rifles , but of late they have gone off the deep end on pricing .

There are several shops in Shen Valley , but that's beyond the OP's parameters .

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Might be stating the obvious, but you can always buy from an MD local gun store that will likely have more MD compliant long guns in stock (or know how to source them). Out of state long gun sales are perfectly legal. You only have to transfer through a home state FFL for handguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom