• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Looks like a POS to me , bring it over and I'll dispose of it for you .

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That's an interesting shotgun, and I'm guessing it's decently old - probably 50+ years. I have a Wingmaster from the early 70s, and it has the dark walnut poly'd stock with the embossed checkering in the fleur de lis pattern. Some quick Google-fu tells me that Remington went to the fleur de lis pattern pressed checkering in 1963, so if that's a Wingmaster and not an Express, it's either replacement furniture, or pre-1963. Take that with a lump of salt - I'm not an expert on this subject in the least.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    That's an interesting shotgun, and I'm guessing it's decently old - probably 50+ years. I have a Wingmaster from the early 70s, and it has the dark walnut poly'd stock with the embossed checkering in the fleur de lis pattern. Some quick Google-fu tells me that Remington went to the fleur de lis pattern pressed checkering in 1963, so if that's a Wingmaster and not an Express, it's either replacement furniture, or pre-1963. Take that with a lump of salt - I'm not an expert on this subject in the least.
    It's possible that it is 50+ years old... although at this point I'm sure the furniture is not original.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's possible that it is 50+ years old... although at this point I'm sure the furniture is not original.
    Either way it was still a solid purchase. There's a reason that the 870 if one of the most popular pump shotguns of all time.

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    southern dorchester county
    Definitely not an express. That’s a trap stock for sure. I would be willing to guess that based on popularity of the 870 for trap that that hind dates from the 80s or earlier.
    The left side of the receiver should have some text markings that tell more

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Definitely not an express. That’s a trap stock for sure. I would be willing to guess that based on popularity of the 870 for trap that that hind dates from the 80s or earlier.
    The left side of the receiver should have some text markings that tell more
    My Dad's trap and skeet gun from when he was competing with that in the late 60s/early 70s was a Winchester Model 12. Back then that's what guys used - the $20K doubles hadn't caught on yet.

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    Thank you all for the help and advice, its greatly appreciated!

I would say you got a good deal. I had a Wingmaster when I was growing up got rid if it in my late 20's and recently got back into shooting/hunting and was quite shocked and what they go for. I don't think my Dad payed much m0ore than what you payed for it as a Christmas present in the early 80's.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Great deal for the times, but I don’t think the furniture is right. You sure the receiver says wingmaster like so?

Attachments

• 815AEDAB-0DAB-403D-89CC-3B1959A68415.jpg
      815AEDAB-0DAB-403D-89CC-3B1959A68415.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 122

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I remember seeing a nice 870 wingmaster le trade at the Gettysburg show for $260. I pawed it an almost bought it. I could kick myself for passing on that now, lol

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Here ya go Alpha... I think it looks the same?

Genuine Wingmaster not express with non original furniture. I have one too, magnum all original like most are with vent rib and what they called Fleur de Lis. Bought at show years ago for 250 - 300, I forget. First one I bought was a plain Jane from Memco on Allentown road for 160, small blem on receiver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom