• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I thought about buying a second one to join my 1963 Blackhawk I bought back in 2014, but I think someone in MD would appreciate it more. I messaged the seller and they told me the serial number is 789XX, which makes it 1966.

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/RE-Bhawk357.html

I figure there's no harm in sharing this link since the BIN is only $20 above the minimum bid. There will be no bidding war.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/629797876

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, it's not listed as C&R or even mentioned in listing, would be the first indication of them not sending to FFL-03 in MD :)
    Best to ask ...

btw not a revolver guy but that looks like a pretty good deal

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    He won't send to an FFL03, saying that USPS restrictions on shipping handguns won't allow it. I guess it has to be sent to a dealer. On the plus side, someone with an FFL03 could have it sent to a dealer outside of MD for pickup to avoid the wait and the regulated transfer.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    He won't send to an FFL03, saying that USPS restrictions on shipping handguns won't allow it. I guess it has to be sent to a dealer. On the plus side, someone with an FFL03 could have it sent to a dealer outside of MD for pickup to avoid the wait and the regulated transfer.

Or we could just pass on it and let the seller figure out why it isn't moving. Teachable Moment

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I see them in the $330 range quite often. Condition dictates price and that one is well used.

I see non C&R ones in that price range a lot, but as soon as someone mentions the year of manufacture on Gunbroker, price goes up. It will be nice in 2019 when everything with a pre-68 serial number format could be identified as such.

I'm not thrilled about the cylinder turn line, so I passed.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Been watching 3 screw single action Rugers quite a bit lately and even old ones in that condition don't bring much more than around $330. Saw a much more desirable 4 5/8 barrel version go for just over that in the last couple weeks. The ones that bring the money are the early 3 screw guns in either .45LC or .41 mag with 4 5/8 barrels. I saw a mint condition NIB 4 5/8 barrel Ruger 3 screw in .45LC go for $650 about a month ago. I was sorely tempted!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for one of these

Bide your time and pay close attention to condition. I see people asking way more than what some of them are worth but, they keep relisting them. Be sure they have not had the transfer bar conversion as that drops huge amounts off the value. Watch condition/actual sale prices and buy only when they are in that range.

I saw a 3 screw Ruger with 6 1/2" barrel .45LC in excellent condition at Tyler Firearms a while back. Really nice but, I passed at $750. Don't know if it is still there, I think it was on consignment. Just putting it out there in case someone is interested.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I think the era of three screw Blackhawks being sub $400 in any kind of condition is about over. I haven't seen one in any kind of condition go for under $400 recently. I recently picked up an nice (minimal wear/no cylinder wear line) .357 made in the early 60's for about $500 (trade+cash). I didn't get too smoking of a deal, but the gun is in very nice condition given its age.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think the era of three screw Blackhawks being sub $400 in any kind of condition is about over. I haven't seen one in any kind of condition go for under $400 recently. I recently picked up an nice (minimal wear/no cylinder wear line) .357 made in the early 60's for about $500 (trade+cash). I didn't get too smoking of a deal, but the gun is in very nice condition given its age.

There are more and more of them being C&R eligible every year though, so hopefully that would temper the price premium they get for being C&R. In a few years, all three screw Rugers will be C&R.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

You should probably take a trip to America. Here in the CPRM, prices run a little higher than they do there. Even so, I have found a fair number of 3 screw Rugers available for less than $350. I have a mint condition early production 3 screw in .41 magnum that I picked up for $350 here in the CPRM. Paid less than that for the others I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom