• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

I've been experimenting with my Gen4 G34 in terms of changing out various OEM parts. I'm trying to get the trigger feel to be more like my G3 G19 which breaks right after the "wall".

So far I've added a G3 Trigger Bar and 5.5lb Connector. The feel is improved a little, but there's still no definite break after the "wall". I was thinking of adding the DOT connector - anyone try that one?

Have you all ever messed with this stuff?

K

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i haven't heard of any reliability issues regarding connectors. definitely heard of (and experienced) light primer strikes due to too light striker springs (4# is as low as i go).

my last couple of glocks, i got the zev v4 connectors and ghost complete spring kits (using the 4# and not the 6# striker) and this works out well for me.

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Hey Guys,

I've been experimenting with my Gen4 G34 in terms of changing out various OEM parts. I'm trying to get the trigger feel to be more like my G3 G19 which breaks right after the "wall".

So far I've added a G3 Trigger Bar and 5.5lb Connector. The feel is improved a little, but there's still no definite break after the "wall". I was thinking of adding the DOT connector - anyone try that one?

Have you all ever messed with this stuff?

K

Ghost PRO 3.3 lb Trigger Connector. It needs to be "fitted" to your gun but it's worth the effort!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-PRO-3...-for-Glocks-/361393381914?hash=item5424b9621a

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I do the same trigger job on all of mine. I swap in a smooth faced 3G trigger bar, stone the striker block contact surface and striker sear surface flat and polish the bar, this dramatically smooths the trigger, drops 2nd stage pull weight a bit and makes it more consistent. Chuck the striker block in a drill, just barely break the edge angle, and polish it, the pull will then be dead smooth. Add and/or polish a factory 4G "." connector, it has the best mix of pull weight vs creep IMO in all pistols. Lighter connectors add too much creep, have tried several aftermarket connectors, and a couple "-", but keep going back to the factory "dot" for everything. Use a heavier trigger spring, it won't change the 2nd stage break weight, but does reduce the 1st stage takeup weight, making the break more predictible and distinct. Aftermarket connectors can indeed have issues, primarily a crappy reset because the end isn't bent perfectly perpendicular, so it gives a mushy "thud" instead of an abrupt "click", the overtravel stop tabs are so far down the linkage that it feels too soft when bottoming out. Some designs can stress and break, and they have to be tensioned properly, so you can have a hard reset as the parts grind past each other, or too soft of a reset. Some like the Zev solve the issues with creep with trigger adjustments, but they are expensive, and can bypass some of the passive safeties.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Heavier trigger spring is a good combo with the heavier connector. It makes the pull shorter and crisper.

I do the same trigger job on all of mine. I swap in a smooth faced 3G trigger bar, stone the striker block contact surface and striker sear surface flat and polish the bar, this dramatically smooths the trigger, drops 2nd stage pull weight a bit and makes it more consistent. Chuck the striker block in a drill, just barely break the edge angle, and polish it, the pull will then be dead smooth. Add and/or polish a factory 4G "." connector, it has the best mix of pull weight vs creep IMO in all pistols. Lighter connectors add too much creep, have tried several aftermarket connectors, and a couple "-", but keep going back to the factory "dot" for everything. Use a heavier trigger spring, it won't change the 2nd stage break weight, but does reduce the 1st stage takeup weight, making the break more predictible and distinct. Aftermarket connectors can indeed have issues, primarily a crappy reset because the end isn't bent perfectly perpendicular, so it gives a mushy "thud" instead of an abrupt "click", the overtravel stop tabs are so far down the linkage that it feels too soft when bottoming out. Some designs can stress and break, and they have to be tensioned properly, so you can have a hard reset as the parts grind past each other, or too soft of a reset. Some like the Zev solve the issues with creep with trigger adjustments, but they are expensive, and can bypass some of the passive safeties.

Cool thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Which heavier spring do you all use or recommend?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Cool thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Which heavier spring do you all use or recommend?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/611080/zev-technologies-competition-trigger-spring-glock-all-models

Unlike most other designs, the trigger spring actually assists the trigger pull, makes the first stage lighter, it also applies upward pressure on the trigger bar to catch the striker as it moves into battery, so potentially more reliable if parts are worn. Doesn't really affect the second stage pull as it's pretty much bottomed out when the trigger bar hits the connector, and slides down to release the striker.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/611080/zev-technologies-competition-trigger-spring-glock-all-models

Unlike most other designs, the trigger spring actually assists the trigger pull, makes the first stage lighter, it also applies upward pressure on the trigger bar to catch the striker as it moves into battery, so potentially more reliable if parts are worn. Doesn't really affect the second stage pull as it's pretty much bottomed out when the trigger bar hits the connector, and slides down to release the striker.

Cool. Will this combo make the break crisper?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I actually went the opposite direction with my Gen 4 19 that a lot of people go. I did put the Gen 3 17 trigger in it, but I also put a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector in it to make the pull longer, but lighter. I don't stage my trigger pull with pistols, so I don't want the "wall" that people like on a crisp trigger. I just pull straight through the trigger without stopping.

You can also look into the NY1 Glock trigger spring. I know some people like to run that along with a 3.5lb/minus connector. Instead of helping you pull the trigger back like a stock spring, it basically provides resistance for the trigger cruciform riding down.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I actually went the opposite direction with my Gen 4 19 that a lot of people go. I did put the Gen 3 17 trigger in it, but I also put a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector in it to make the pull longer, but lighter. I don't stage my trigger pull with pistols, so I don't want the "wall" that people like on a crisp trigger. I just pull straight through the trigger without stopping.

You can also look into the NY1 Glock trigger spring. I know some people like to run that along with a 3.5lb/minus connector. Instead of helping you pull the trigger back like a stock spring, it basically provides resistance for the trigger cruciform riding down.

I personally think the NY trigger spring is the most obnoxious trigger on any handgun in the world. Talk about a long trigger pull. It's only an 8 lb trigger but it feels like 15 lbs. I've got a Kel Tec P11 and that trigger is better than the NY trigger that came with my Glock 26. The guy sold me the handgun saying that he didn't know what was wrong with it, but it's for sale as is.

YMMV

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OTOH , I prefer the NY-1 with the rest stock.

I'm trying for reminiscent of a DA revolver, not an ertaz 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom