• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I sent my Maryland permit package out today along with my Florida. Both say 90 days to process, will keep you guys apprised of my progress.

NOBODY

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not sure whether to laugh or not.(not at you,the situation)

I know, crazy right.

We have to talk like just being an American and wanting to simply follow the Constitution is like something we even have to ask for.

I ask: I'd like my free speech please.
    They say: Ok, fill out this form, submit a photo, fingerprints, take some free speech training, pay us $200, give us a good reason, and wait 90 days; then maybe.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome to the next step in the fight for your God given, fundamental, Constitutionally enumerated and protected individual right that shall not be infringed.

At some point those words actually meant something. Now, not so much when an unchecked agency of the State is allowed to deny the exercise of that right to nearly all who are first made to apply, and despite satisfying all objective requirements are denied for subjective reasons, only to be trapped in an endless appeal process at a time when LEO are unable to even protect themselves and are being gunned down at an alarming rate. Our Founding Fathers would be both embarrassed and ashamed of what We the People have allowed our government do to us.

I started the process more than two years ago. My completed application was submitted almost a year ago in March 2015. I see improvements being made in the process, but must honestly say they have had little actual impact for the common citizen. I have not given up and intend to see the process through, but almost a year later I can easily see why many have started looking beyond the two traditional party system for solutions.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My Florida permit took a week last summer. Got a letter in the mail from FL Dept. of Agriculture and I thought I'd made a mistake or something. Inside was my permit.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My FL permit took exactly 30 days door to door. PA permit, 6 days to process, 20 minutes to have the picture taken and then be handed the card. MD? Absolute fvcking JOKE, unless you are a lawyer or like to waste your time calling and/or writing strongly worded letters,...

I was believing for a minute there things were getting better, even if only a little bit.

Now I'm staring to think the LR was right.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    I've actually finished compiling my application "package," and will be handing it in to the Licensing Division later today.

My UT and FL took less than a month from the time I mailed it to the receipt of my permit- they both were mailed on the same day and arrived on the same day.

I fully expect (try to withhold your laughter) to be granted a MD permit in 90 days, but do intend to see the process through to end game in front of the review board if necessary.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I own 3 different ALL CASH businesses is the reason on the permit, I do not accept checks as all of my businesses are non-tangible items so if you screw me out of money with a bad check I can not go get it back.

On a side note, the gentleman at the live scan place said that Florida would reject my prints (on a card) as they were from MD and suggested that I do the Utah route via class. I wonder if he is connected with the UT class. This was at investigative services in Towson.
    I had a friend of mine at a local agency print me even though they don't officially print people any more.

Nobody

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    My FL permit took exactly 30 days door to door. PA permit, 6 days to process, 20 minutes to have the picture taken and then be handed the card. MD? Absolute fvcking JOKE, unless you are a lawyer or like to waste your time calling and/or writing strongly worded letters,...

I was believing for a minute there things were getting better, even if only a little bit.

I shudder the thought that LR was right.. you should be like ralphie....

Attachments

• ChristmasStory-SoapMouth-400x300.jpg
      ChristmasStory-SoapMouth-400x300.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 1,183

because he was...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    because he was...

Maybe to an extent, but not completely. Anyone who thought the hprb was gonna go rogue and turn md de facto shall issue must have bumped their noggin.

But, the effort hasn't been in vain. The hprb is making strides in the right direction. That said, it will probably take a change in md law to get msp to clean up their act I believe.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The first civilian permit I got was in Georgia many years ago. I walked into the county clerks office and asked about it. The lady never even got up from her desk several feet away as I stood at the counter. She said, well you have a badge, you don't need a permit, but if you want one just fill out this form and go next door to have your fingerprints taken. I walked next door, told them I was applying for a permit, they said I should leave my gun in a lock box because I had to walk into the booking room to have my fingerprints taken. I wasn't armed at the time, and I don't recall if they took my picture. A few minutes later the deputy handed me a piece of paper and said I could carry a gun as a civilian with that piece of paper until I got my actual ccw card in the mail. I recall now, it did have a photo, so they did take my picture in the booking room. I never had to show that card to anyone, and I think I still have it somewhere. Renewed it just once. Two tours at Fort Gordon, mostly deploying to the middle east.

Maybe to an extent, but not completely. Anyone who thought the hprb was gonna go rogue and turn md de facto shall issue must have bumped their noggin.

But, the effort hasn't been in vain. The hprb is making strides in the right direction. That said, it will probably take a change in md law to get msp to clean up their act I believe.

Until the next liberal governor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom