• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It finally arrived from Glock and I got it this morning. I can't wait to shoot it after work.

IMG_20160107_1016222_zpsvlfnjofw.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I see your gun is bigger than mine....

I carry a Glock 26 and it makes it look even more ridiculous, haha.

I have no idea how or if I will carry the 40. The black bears in VA don't really warrant a long slide 10mm.

I just picked up a g20 and I thought it was big.

That thing is HUGE :whoa:

The thought occurred to me to call Glock and ask them to change my order to a more practical 20, but I figured that I'll be ridiculous and stick with the 40. I ordered this thing back in August, and so far it's been worth the wait.

GregSB

Feb 20, 2013
    I just ordered a Burris Fastfire iii to put on mine. It definitely tames full power ammo.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That gun is on my short list. It would be my first 10mm.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I didn't get to shoot it today because the range was too crowded after work. I'll try to shoot it tomorrow and Saturday.

Here is a picture showing it compared to a full size 1911. When fully loaded with 15+1 rounds, it's still nearly 3oz lighter than an empty 1911.

IMG_20160107_201515_zps2obxzdxo.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Now my issue is finding a holster for it. I may just have to have one custom made.

I really don't need another caliber pistol but I really want one of those!

Where did you order it from

I got it straight from Glock with their Pro Purchase Program for industry professionals. That's why it took until now to get it even though I ordered it in August. The pricing is very good, so the wait wasn't too bad. If you're Mil/LE, you can do their Blue Label program.

I know some dealers in MD have them in stock. One of the IP's here who goes to Nation's had one at the November show. I can't remember which though.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Now my issue is finding a holster for it. I may just have to have one custom made.

I got it straight from Glock with their Pro Purchase Program for industry professionals. That's why it took until now to get it even though I ordered it in August. The pricing is very good, so the wait wasn't too bad. If you're Mil/LE, you can do their Blue Label program.

I know some dealers in MD have them in stock. One of the IP's here who goes to Nation's had one at the November show. I can't remember which though.
    Glock sport combat holsters are great and cheap. Around $15 usually.

Under $10 here.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Glock-Sport%7B47%7DCombat-Holster-Right-Hand-Black-4.5"-Glk20,-21-02639.html?google=1&gclid=CI3dgaSQmcoCFVCQHwodx50MnQ

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Looks like the frame might be the same as a g20, just with a longer slide. Im wondering if you can throw a g40 upper on a g20? :shrug:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Nice!

I have the 20 with the hunting barrel in it. I'm not a Glock fan but if you like 10mm it is the way to go in my mind.

Tempted to get the 40 but not sure I want to take the beating to get rid of the 20 yet.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Nice!

I have the 20 with the hunting barrel in it. I'm not a Glock fan but if you like 10mm it is the way to go in my mind.

Tempted to get the 40 but not sure I want to take the beating to get rid of the 20 yet.

I've been going on a Glock binge ever since I got to VA. I picked up a 26 for carry within a week of getting here, then I got a 19 as a general use 9mm, and now I have this 40 for a woods gun. I've been carrying my 26 while hiking though. I originally thought about using one of my 1911's or my C&R Ruger Blackhawk as my woods gun, but they aren't exactly light and ammo is limited.

I definitely want to get some better sights for it. I find the white outline distracting. I'll either go with straight black, target style sights, or ones with an illuminated front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom