• ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    On Target renting pistol caliber rifles now

FYI,
    This is the first time I saw the sign today. Not sure when it started.
    They are renting rifles now.

Palmetto State AR 15 (9mm semi auto)
    S&W M&P 15-22 (22LR semi auto)
    Ruger 10/22 (22LR semi auto)
    Ruger 77/22 w/ 3x9 scope (22LR Bolt)

Of course OT will have you buying their ammo for them.
    I did not rent any, just saw the sign.

Last edited:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Darn, I got excited thinking they changed their backstops to handle rifle calibers...

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Have had the rifles in 22 for awhile ... the Palmetto was just added a couple of weeks ago .. and of course you have to use their ammo through their guns ..

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Shot at On Target twice years ago and found it an unsafe operation and so we never went back. Way too many strikes everywhere except down range and supervision of the firing line lacking, like none.

And, recently, I spoke with a fellow shooter at the AGC range(s) and he related how he'd been followed home from On Target one day and robbed once he arrived home...neato! Don't recall how long ago that happened, but...it happened.

And, then there were the suicides. OT is not the place to do your shooting.

Lew--Ranger63

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Shot at On Target twice years ago and found it an unsafe operation and so we never went back. Way too many strikes everywhere except down range and supervision of the firing line lacking, like none.

And, recently, I spoke with a fellow shooter at the AGC range(s) and he related how he'd been followed home from On Target one day and robbed once he arrived home...neato! Don't recall how long ago that happened, but...it happened.

Lew--Ranger63

I have seen pics of other local indoor ranges with the same strikes on their walls and every where else but I guess they are unsafe operations as well . hmmm oh and can also say the same for a few outdoor ranges as well . hmmm guess they are all unsafe operations by way of your though process ..

Being followed home ..new to me havent heard of any of that and I have been around for awhile .

As for suicides THERE is NOTHING a RANGE CAN DO INDOOR OR Out if someone wants to take their own life .

When I took my instructors course we were told of a gentlemen who was working with a student who took his own life with the instructor right there with him ...

You do not like the place thats fine but please do not pass on BS ...

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

Lew--Ranger63

I have shot there many times, and have found it to be a perfectly safe environment in which to shoot. OT is a fine place to do your shooting.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have shot at On-Target many times and never had a problem. Being 15 min from my house is a bonus. I have shot at Freestate also and like it better but its a bit of a drive but when I make the drive the AR can come with me. If you have a pistol caliber rifle you can shoot it at On-Target.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Hope they'll eventually include a .357 lever gun. Been wanting to test drive one to see if I really want it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hope they'll eventually include a .357 lever gun. Been wanting to test drive one to see if I really want it.

I can easily answer your question. yes, yes you do.
    A .357 lever gun that can also shoot 38spl, yes you want it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I have seen pics of other local indoor ranges with the same strikes on their walls and every where else but I guess they are unsafe operations as well . hmmm oh and can also say the same for a few outdoor ranges as well . hmmm guess they are all unsafe operations by way of your though process ..

Being followed home ..new to me havent heard of any of that and I have been around for awhile .

As for suicides THERE is NOTHING a RANGE CAN DO INDOOR OR Out if someone wants to take their own life .

When I took my instructors course we were told of a gentlemen who was working with a student who took his own life with the instructor right there with him ...

You do not like the place thats fine but please do not pass on BS ...

100%, but for the bolded.

There have been several documented cases of people being followed and smash-n-grabs to follow. Not sure any of them were to HOMES, but I know of at least 2 to other parking lots in the area.

Lew--Ranger63

The ceiling and walls are shot up and unless it's a new range,they all are.Been going there since they were in Glen Dirty/ Brooklyn Park and never had a problem.I'd like to know about a range anywhere that only has experienced shooters.:sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm having a hankering to try out that 9mm AR . OT is far enough from my home turf , I haven't shot there before. Refresh me about their anti- first timer rules and hoops.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm having a hankering to try out that 9mm AR . OT is far enough from my home turf , I haven't shot there before. Refresh me about their anti- first timer rules and hoops.

anti first timer rules and hoops? Don't know of any.
    Rules are on their website.
    http://www.ontarget.biz/

I was the only one on the range the other day and when the attendants were not helping customer, they were on the window politely watching me. Not bothering me but keeping an eye on me. I notice they spend more time either in the range or looking through the window than in the past.
    I go during the work week at lunch though. Not on weekends.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Since I'm between jobs, I've discovered that if you go to On Target at 1:00 on a Thursday, they will turn the lights on for you. It was unreal being the only person on the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom