• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    OK, how about if the United Gypsy Clans of America wanted to take a property in Crofton and declare they were setting up a Meditation Garden for 100 people--except 500 people showed up every weekend for rowdy picnics?

This Nigerian "church" is a band of people focused on acquiring money and wealth by warping gospel messages from the Bible. Their church leader just purchased a Gulfstream V personal jet to show his piety.

It is a Ponzi Scheme tricked-out with religious gobblydigook. Once they mark-out 299 parking spaces, they will cry racism when residents complain about the 1000 people showing up in their completed 64,000 sq. foot complex after parking on nearby residential streets. Then limited police and fire resources will have to be set aside to manage this once-a-week religious "festivus" to force compliance with approved capacity. Following that will be a blizzard of discrimination lawsuits stripping local coffers of money that could be better used for education of infrastructure.

It's OK to say no. Incentivize groups like this to develop their cult camps out where they won't bother anybody.
    Let them build their Damn Nigerian church someplace more appropriate, like Nigeria

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It's a church. It will happen no matter what the community has to say. Churches everywhere get a latitude and then always seem to over step that bit by bit. All claiming freedom of religion. There was a spec house put up by a builder next to my friend's house in Balt. County. Then a Korean church bought it and converted it to a church. Next, an expansion for a school etc. Paved the hell out of everything. You get the picture.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    There has been, and still is, a tremendous Nigerian criminal element in this country that obtains fraudulent identification for the purpose of getting multiple credit cards and bank accounts in each of the aliases. When I was in bank security back in the 90s in Montgomery county, we had an instance of three local Nigerians who each had obtained 25 (count them, twenty five) aliases complete with drivers license, and multiple credit cards in each alias.

Their MO was to set up one guy in a private house with a bunch of phone lines coming in. He would have multiple cheat sheets, so that when someone called to verify employment, residence, and anything else, he could look it up and quickly verify the info.

Then, the bad guys (I can't use the words I'd like to) use the fraudulent credit cards to buy a shit ton of merchandise to be shipped back to Nigeria. There are freight consolidators who specialize in combining these purchases into containers to go back to the home country. When I was working with TSA Inspectors, we actually did surveillance on one of these consolidators. Good fun!

After a few weeks, the bad guys close up shop, move out of the house leaving no clues and a lot of unpaid bills, and move to another location far enough away so that there is little chance of getting caught. They are taught how to do this stuff by a banker in Lagos, Nigeria. I almost caught one of these dirtbags once, but he outran me and I couldn't justify shooting him in the back. But I really thought about it. I HATE thieves! :mad54:

There are lots of Nigerians in this country. I'm sure some are decent and honest people, but most of the ones I've met and dealt with are professional criminals. Having a Nigerian church, or anything else Nigerian, in my neighborhood would make my head explode. Much like having a Mosque next door. I respect people's right to their religion, but when the majority of criminal/terrorist activity comes from an identifiable source, doesn't it make sense to try to prevent that source from moving into the neighborhood?

Great post!!! I worked in real estate with a few Nigerians in the 1990s, Re/Max, Burtonsville, and they were dirtbags. One, Sam, and his woman friend ended up in jail for 4 years after Sammy stole Re/Max office records and applied for and got credit cards in our customers' names.

He and his GF charged over $215,000 to fraudulent customer accounts before the USPS inspectors charged and convicted them. But, my guess is that Sam is back at it and working scams some where in PG/Montgomery county. I have a present for him, if I ever catch up with the turd...the best work gets done when the sun goes down.

Lew--Ranger63

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I've traveled this area for 20 years now and more traffic will be bad. If one tree falls the road is closed and the alternative routes are extensive, this happens on 424 at least 3 times a year, have to wait for BGE. Small fender bender - road closed.
    Where does this church meet now? I would love to get a couple pics of the traffic patterns for the next town meeting.
    Something smells fishy.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    News you can use!!!

I just stopped by to check out the location. It's 18 acres, they want about 1.5M for it. It's zoned RA, so no more than 1 home per 30 acres, church exemption.

I'm informed by locals, the Nigerians have decided it was not worth all the trouble that was coming at them. So, it's over, congratulations. A presbyterian church is now in negotiations to purchase; but they plan to build a normal sized community church. God bless America!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks minuteman, I am curious about the Huge church they built on 424 between Crofton and Davidsonville, I have never seen more than 30/40 cars there ?? But have now built a fairly nice house in front of it. Looks like they have parking for all of Crofton. I have never actually seen a vehicle pull in or out.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Whoa! Tell the Nigerians before they leave that I have $5 Million Dollars (U.S.) that I can't get out of my bank in Switzerland...

Good riddance you amoral bastards.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    An email I got this morning said I have an uncle in Nigeria with millions of dollars for me. Don't know what you guys are on about. Seem like generous folks to me!

;)

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A presbyterian church is now in negotiations to purchase; but they plan to build a normal sized community church. God bless America!

I'd rather face 299 Nigerians on the road than one drunk Presbyterian bishop. :)

Yep, but we don't need a church there and I will have a hard time getting to Rita's. :lol2: Why not make it church row over on 424 by the other new church by the dog park. Easy access to 50 and no intersections to deal with except to get on and off 50.

Bullish#t,if I can't get a sub at WaWa or a 6 pack at Waterbury in Crownsville because of JW's on the weekends,you get no Ritas.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom