• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    Does anyone know what the longest AR carbine stock buffer combo is? I need to meet the ridiculous 29inch OAL requirement for an SBR I'm building. As for stocks the Magpul ACS seems to be longer than most at 7.95 inches, which might work with an extended buttpad. Not a huge fan of the ACS stock though. Any other suggestions?

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    pinning or welding a flash hider might be your best bet then, some of them add almost two inches to the barrel, and that should get you to 29"

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Similar barrel length. Used the Vltor A5 extended system as mentioned and pinned / welded. Got me over 29. The A5 is expensive but already that deep into my pocket so what the h3ll it is not that much. It is also nicely made and solid.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Vltor was my first thought, but its crazy expensive for a stock assembly.

The only VLTOR pieces you "need" are the tube and an A5 buffer. I would think you'd be able to get both for about $100. Not sure how much that helps the bottom line.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    I did the same research and the VLTOR and Ergo P93 were the longest I found. The Ergo was quite a bit heavier but they were almost identical in length. I still had to go with 9.5" to get it to 29.1" OAL.

DYI01

Jan 8, 2015
    I just measured my VLTOR RE-A5 buffer tube, ACS-L stock and the Magpul enhanced buttpad to get 12-15/16" from the buttpad to the lower receiver. The carbine buffer tube and CTR stock was 10-3/4" from the buttpad to the lower.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore

EMod on the left and Ergo on the right. Granted, some of the threading ends up in the lower so it seems like the ACS-L stock and the Magpul enhanced buttpad may be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom