• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Don't forget the Gun Rack was a part of the regulated ammo registry. They wrote down my DL info when I bought ammo from them. If I wasn't desperate for ammo at the time I would have walked out.

Valley and Just Guns were good riddance, IMHO. Walter's is sorely missed.

In total agreement.

+2

Back when I was under 21 Just Guns would not even sell me 7.62x54R, 7.62x54R!! What pistol fires that cartridge? They deserve to go out of business with a dumbass rule like that. Never stepped foot in that store after that. Plenty of other gun businesses nearby that were hundreds of times better.

PTM76

Oct 30, 2007
    That is what I have heard. Also, his lease was about up and needed to be renewed as well as his FFL.

The stars aligned for him to close his doors.

But I REALLY wish I had picked up that nice S&W scandium frame pistol he had. :(

Thread Necromancer here.

I used to ride my bike to the gun rack just to look at the guns when I was a kid. They tolerated me. Loved the cutaway trainer. I don't remember if it was an M1 or a MaDuece.

When I turned 21, I bought an HK USP compact, and thats when I learned about the federal 1994 law.

The next month I bought a Glock 23.

2 months later I bought an HK P7M8 that they got as a dealer special. It came with 5 mags, and at that time $999.00 was still a ****ing steal. I think that was the best deal I ever got on a gun.

I bought a bunch of Saigas off of them and a Robarms converted 5.45 that I later sold for 3K during the sandy hook period.

I went by the shop prior to the 2013 law passing, during the panic, and Al was in the shop. He was talking with a regular abour Ruger S9s. Said he loved them because the were a good gun that he could stock, and people were buying the **** out of them.

I figured he just got tired of MD laws because he was in business for quite a while.

I always got good service there. Sure the shop was crusty, but thats what I saw in common with gun shops growing up. Old stock everywhere except on the gun racks.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I found that shop in 2011 or 2012, I was working in Laurel at the time.
    I found the fat guy a pain in the a$$ also, I soon found out Allen owned the shop and was the only one to deal with.
    When Allen saw that I was a cash in hand buyer, he would work with me on the prices.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    They were my go to shop as they were on my daily commute route. Never had an unpleasant experience. Don't think I ever walked in without buying a firearm.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You guys who left the area may be shocked to learn that Seibels closed.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Dealt with Al for years. His plan was to retire a year or two earlier but there was a big buying surge going on that he didn’t see the sense in walking away from. So he stuck it out a little longer. He was always very helpful when my wife was Christmas shopping.
    I grew up in Burtonsville and at one time 60s-70s my cousins owned Seibel’s. When they sold the prices steadily grew and the quality slowly dropped off. I stopped going 30yrs ago but my wife and in-laws went until the end. Not a great time to start up a new restaurant but hopefully we get something decent.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    That was the second gun shop I ever visited , I was 18 and wanted to get a new shotgun for Goose hunting . Atlantic Guns gave me there BS it's our store policy if you live in your parents house they have to come in with you even if your legal to buy it . Well my Mother worked full time and my Dad had passed . So getting her to go to the gun store on her day off when she had a lot to do around the house wasn't a plan , But Al didn't have a problem with a 18 year old buying a goose gun , I put my money down in full and he ordered me a new Remington 870 Wingmaster 3" chamber , 28" vent rib ,full . My hunting buddies all said to get a 30" but I didn't like the way it looked .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I’m sorry that a family owned business closed down but I ate there once about 6 years ago and it was one of the worst meals I’ve had in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've lived in this area for 41 years. I've been inside that building twice... once for a milkshake and once for my neighbors catered funeral reception. Never found the food or prices to be good enough.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom