• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    a weapon similar to the Bushmaster rifle used to kill 20 children and six staff members at Newtown, Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012.

I'm getting really tired of seeing this

"The fact a church would offer some type of weapon to anyone strikes me as ludicrous and goes against everything the Bible teaches," Bacote told the newspaper. "The only thing we're supposed to arm citizens with is the word of God, not guns."

Spoken like a true non Christian who has never read any of the bible

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• grace-baptist.jpg
      grace-baptist.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 269

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Jesus said if you do not own a sword then sell your cloak and buy one. Looks like this pastor just wants to ensure someone in need is still able to arm himself

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I'm getting really tired of seeing this

Spoken like a true non Christian who has never read any of the bible

Jesus said if you do not own a sword then sell your cloak and buy one. Looks like this pastor just wants to ensure someone in need is still able to arm himself

“He who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.” Luke 22:36

Blessed be the Lord, my strength, who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalms 144

Among others

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    Well, Saint Peter was packing ( carrying as word ), and used it to protect Jesus during his arrest, cutting off high priest servants year.

(John 18:10)

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    Peter was also rebuked for that lol! However, I agree with the point. Good job pastor...road trip!

To be fair, I am pretty sure he was rebuked for trying to interfere with Jesus's fate, not for carrying sword nor for hurting one of the attackers. :)

Jesus commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

It also seems that he was in his right using the sword, i,e, the use of deadly force was justified, as nobody was trying to arrest him for doing that. So once he denied being a disciple of Jesus, he was let go.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    NY Daily News jumps into the fray

Gun worshiper wins semiautomatic weapon at church raffle in upstate NY

Using 'code words' like "gun nut" and "high-powered assault weapon", and referencing Sandy Hook, NYC reporters Caitlin Nolan & Bill Hutchinson display their urban disdain for anything that comes close to the "free exercise thereof", be it 2A or 1A religious rights.

Get a rope !!!

I would have liked to had a copy of the good Rev. John Koletas 3 hour sermon/service on God and guns.

P.S. - The 6th Commandment says "Thou Shalt Not Murder", not 'kill'. There is a difference ... Google it.

Attachments

• ny-daily-news-e1395696219109.jpg
      ny-daily-news-e1395696219109.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads