• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Smart move to sit tight. If the law is thrown out, what do you think the are chances that the "registry" would then be destroyed?

Officials are now offering "amnesty" for folks who "missed the deadline".

Thoughtful.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This seems a bit dated considering the mention of a Dec 31, 2013 deadline.

At some point there will be a lawsuit over this. Let's just hope that it winds up breaking our way when there is.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think it is worth reposting what a Connecticut Courant Newspaper reader--Ed Remillard Jr. from Sacred Heart University-- posted about this. He starts with a quote from an idiot Republican:

"I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register," said state Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature's public safety committee. "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."
    Perhaps this is a by-product created by our government. Our government has ignored immigration laws, welfare work requirements and our own gun laws (Fast and Furious).
    If the government does not honor the laws it is sworn to uphold, how can anyone expect the rest of us to honor the law?

Yo! Senator Tony c'mere! Yo, Tony, look at me! You call yourself a Republican? You are an embarrassment to our family…capiche?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Non-compliance is more like 90%+. More power to them. Poke it in the eye of politicians who willfully ignore the COTUS.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I think it is worth reposting what a Connecticut Courant Newspaper reader--Ed Remillard Jr. from Sacred Heart University-- posted about this. He starts with a quote from an idiot Republican:

"I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register," said state Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature's public safety committee. "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."
    Perhaps this is a by-product created by our government. Our government has ignored immigration laws, welfare work requirements and our own gun laws (Fast and Furious).
    If the government does not honor the laws it is sworn to uphold, how can anyone expect the rest of us to honor the law?

Yo! Senator Tony c'mere! Yo, Tony, look at me! You call yourself a Republican? You are an embarrassment to our family…capiche?

He should think perhaps we passed a bad law and rescind it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."

Words to live by...

Exactly ... by some of the editorials swirling around in CT, they (the government & antis) haven't a clue of what to do next.

Here's the rub ... the only rifles required to be registered at the end of last year were those evil guns purchased after 1993 when CT labeled them "assault rifles" and required a background check. The exact same models purchased in 1992 and earlier are exempt from this new RE-registration.

I am sure CT is claiming they don't have records of those post-93 purchases ... I'm betting there secretly is a list and they DO know who has these rifles. BUT ... if they start using the list to begin confiscation in any way other than some publicly announced super random way ... the lawsuits would fly like the proverbial doodoo and the air circulator

This will be interesting to watch

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Shades of Atlas Shrugged for sure
    They can't do that! We passed a LAW! They just don't understand it's for their own good! Why won't they OBEY?!?

The thing about the databases is that they don't tell what has happened to a gun since purchase. Could be moved to another state, could have been damaged and scrapped, could have been sold. What were the laws around any of those things?

I'd venture a guess that all this talk has the Home Depots in CT inexplicably short on supplies of shovels... :innocent0

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Why would the people of Connecticut follow unconstitutional state laws that are by definition illegal when the so called executive branch ignores legal constitutional laws?

Irony isn't funny its just sad.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I am sure CT is claiming they don't have records of those post-93 purchases ... I'm betting there secretly is a list and they DO know who has these rifles. BUT ... if they start using the list to begin confiscation in any way other than some publicly announced super random way ... the lawsuits would fly like the proverbial doodoo and the air circulator

It's more convoluted. CT State Police (CSP) kept records of all the purchases and have admitted it. But CSP kept the info in one database going back decades and the database became badly corrupted starting a few years ago, with a mix-up of who owns what guns. CSP has no backup of the database prior to it getting corrupted. It's apparently still corrupted because even recent data is bad. CSP has no alternative system to use. Now CSP has no real clue who owns what. There have been stories in CT newspapers about it but CSP won't just admit it. Reporters in CT figured it out in the past couple of years after interviewing various people who CSP confronted about guns that the people had never purchased or had anything to do with. It's much worse than the rooms full of unprocessed paperwork at MSP. It's the underlying motivation behind CT pushing for re-registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom