• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    I just found out that Bongino is running against 6th District's Rep. John Delaney.

http://www.bongino.com/

This should be an interesting race. Considering MD Democrats gerrymandered a portion of Montgomery and Frederick County into Garrett and Washington County, I'm not sure if Bongino has the votes to win this.

Delaney has very strong support among Democrats in Montgomery County and has a high voter turnout.

Let's not forget Nancy Jacob's comment to us about getting people registered to vote! A lot of people who signed the petitions against the MD Gun Ban Act (I refuse to call it by its official name) were found to not be registered voters.

If Bongino wants to have a chance to win, he has to do some voter registration as well as convince voters in Montgomery County that he is a better choice than Delaney.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Getting people registered as Democrats and voting in the primaries should be our #1 priority right now. We should be setting up booths outside of every gun shop in the state and handing out registration forms and informing people of the DINO movement.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    And in other news ... Dan Bongino officially concedes his race for Congress immediately following filling to run.

If he & Lollar were smart they would start on the first rung of the ladder to stand it up rather than trying it from the top rung.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I just found out that Bongino is running against 6th District's Rep. John Delaney.

http://www.bongino.com/

This should be an interesting race. Considering MD Democrats gerrymandered a portion of Montgomery and Frederick County into Garrett and Washington County, I'm not sure if Bongino has the votes to win this.

Delaney has very strong support among Democrats in Montgomery County and has a high voter turnout.

Let's not forget Nancy Jacob's comment to us about getting people registered to vote! A lot of people who signed the petitions against the MD Gun Ban Act (I refuse to call it by its official name) were found to not be registered voters.

If Bongino wants to have a chance to win, he has to do some voter registration as well as convince voters in Montgomery County that he is a better choice than Delaney.

I thought Bongino lived in Severna Park???

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Getting people registered as Democrats and voting in the primaries should be our #1 priority right now. We should be setting up booths outside of every gun shop in the state and handing out registration forms and informing people of the DINO movement.

This has already been tried by a few DINOs.

A lot of gun shops want to stay out of politics.

They don't want to offend their Left and Moderate gun owning customers.

To them money is money no matter what party a person belongs to.

It's the same old song and dance and it's the reason why things won't change in this state any time soon.

Go DINO!!!

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    And in other news ... Dan Bongino officially concedes his race for Congress immediately following filling to run.

If he & Lollar were smart they would start on the first rung of the ladder to stand it up rather than trying it from the top rung.

I agree. I had questioned his run for Senate the first time as over-reaching. I guess he thinks John Delaney is ripe for a challenge this time around.

Looking at local demographics, I don't think he could win a local State Delegate or State Senate seat as a Republican.

He probably came to the same conclusion. But the 6th Congressional District is going to be an interesting battle. If he were smart, he should distance himself from any and all ultra conservative Republican/Tea Party affiliation and market himself as a moderate that can appeal to both Democrats and Republicans. There are plenty of disenchanted Democrats out there who are willing to vote for someone new. Especially since John Delaney has rarely been seen in public in the past two years!

He should focus on how the Democrats failed to protect ANY children with the new MD Gun Ban Act and how Democrats rejected all bills to hire School Safety Officers, allow School officials to have a gun, or allow school officials to have a taser. Policies that Obama is pushing now with his new education safety initiative (Obama stole the plans from the NRA...go figure.) which vindicates the efforts by Republicans to ensure the safety of children in schools. He website is still a bit bare bones with little detail.

I could go on, but then he'd have to start paying me....LOL. :party29:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

This has already been tried by a few DINOs.

A lot of gun shops want to stay out of politics.

They don't want to offend their Left and Moderate gun owning customers.

To them money is money no matter what party a person belongs to.

It's the same old song and dance and it's the reason why things won't change in this state any time soon.

Go DINO!!!

I have been sitting at the front door of my LGS every second Saturday since May. They are happy to have me there for three reasons:

1. I treat their customers respectfully and do not push my message down their throats. I make the offer. If they decline, I still give them a smile and a wave.

2. The owner and staff of the shop strongly support 2A and recognize the importance of getting people to register and to get out and vote.

3. I buy them lunch. ;)

I haven't corralled many new voters but I have had the chance to talk with quite a few people and bring them up to date on both the new law and on the state of the political battle in the PRM.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    interesting post on facebook :

My opponent Rep. John Delaney, a noted DC insider, has finally realized that he is in serious electoral trouble in 2014 due to our growing momentum. Due to our extensive grassroots and ground-operation, I have long known that Rep. Delaney was in trouble. The voters have either never heard of him or have heard of him and are displeased with his voting record.

In response to this, he has not moderated or sought out a substantive fight with me on issues, but is desperately searching for people within the Secret Service to say negative things about my service record. Sadly, insider gimmicks like this are not uncommon, as I was unfortunate enough to witness during my time behind the DC curtain.

I am issuing a warning shot now to the Delaney campaign. I know what you are up to and welcome the fight. Life has always been a fight for me and you are sorely mistaken if you believe any punch will go unanswered. You may have become too accustomed to a plush lifestyle given your multimillionaire CEO status, and are used to steamrolling people, but that tactic will not work with me. Attack me on policy, but any "war on women" garbage or fabricated nonsense will be met with the best weapon I have, the truth. I put my life on the line everyday I went to the White House to protect the President of the United States and have a documented and distinguished record of service which I am proud of. My family and I made enormous sacrifices for the security of others in some of the most dangerous places on earth and I am disgusted at your efforts to impugn that. I welcome your response, if you have the spine to provide one.
    -Dan

I like Bongino. I think he's a good, decent guy. And he should move to northern Virginia and run against that scumbag Jerry Connolly.

Because he has ZERO chance of winning in MD. ZERO.

That district was gerrymandered to ensure than no one other than a democrat will ever win it again. Ever.

There are more registered democrats in the "newly created" part of that district than there are people in the entire rest of the district.

Wait until they start working on Andy Harris's district next. It'll be the eastern shore, and then a two-inch-wide, 15-mile-long corridor directly into Baltimore City. Boom, the dem wins.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    The one thing I do not like with dan is he is running against government handouts, etc but he has a paid government pension, etc. Yes he earned it but it is a bit hypocritical. I also do not like he is running in a district he does not live in.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I like Bongino. I think he's a good, decent guy. And he should move to northern Virginia and run against that scumbag Jerry Connolly.

Because he has ZERO chance of winning in MD. ZERO.

That district was gerrymandered to ensure than no one other than a democrat will ever win it again. Ever.

There are more registered democrats in the "newly created" part of that district than there are people in the entire rest of the district.

Wait until they start working on Andy Harris's district next. It'll be the eastern shore, and then a two-inch-wide, 15-mile-long corridor directly into Baltimore City. Boom, the dem wins.

This, this is why I am pessimistic with more calls to rally. Md is so gerrymandered that the best option is LGOC or the new western state intuitive.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I like Bongino. His biggest hurdle to getting elected is that he has a very Libertarian streak. That will not play well in MoCo. This district was gerrymandered 11 years ago to get rid of Morella and get VanHollen elected. Then gerrymandered again to take out Bartlett. I'm all for Dan, and so are a bunch of my pals. He'll carry the panhandle and Frederick but the commies down here won't vote for him. I spread the word and made some donations, but it's a total uphill.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Looking at local demographics, I don't think he could win a local State Delegate or State Senate seat as a Republican.

He probably came to the same conclusion. But the 6th Congressional District is going to be an interesting battle. If he were smart, he should distance himself from any and all ultra conservative Republican/Tea Party affiliation and market himself as a moderate that can appeal to both Democrats and Republicans. There are plenty of disenchanted Democrats out there who are willing to vote for someone new. Especially since John Delaney has rarely been seen in public in the past two years!

I dont know exactly where he lives anymore, so I dont know the make-up of his new area. He moved to run for this if I remember correctly, since he previously lived in AA Co. However if he was going to move to run he could have picked any seat he wanted to. And he has a cult like following. So he simply could have picked an area that is strongly in favor of him. There were a few spots in AA Co. that he could have run for. He had a lot of options for a local race throughout the state, Senate or House. He could have waited to get 1 or 2 terms under his belt and some more notoriety he could have made a play for something else.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    The one thing I do not like with dan is he is running against government handouts, etc but he has a paid government pension, etc. Yes he earned it but it is a bit hypocritical. I also do not like he is running in a district he does not live in.

So, if he earned his pension, how is it a handout? I see a handout as getting something you didn't earn or deserve.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Also, he had a ton of money for the Senate race, he could have some polling for it and he would have seen that he didnt have a shot in hell. With that in mind he could have saved a large sum and used it for a serious run in another race. Heck he could have financed about a dozen races for house or senate throughout the state that could have done some serious good. Instead he spent every dime on a race he didnt have shot of winning. Imagine what would have happened if the republicans could put another 7 senators in? The republicans could filibuster. That is powerful. And he had the funds to get that but instead flushed then down a drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom