• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fabiana

Sep 5, 2013
    My friend works for the La Plata Wal Mart, and he says that they have lots of ammo! One of the things that they do is keep it under the counter, and the employees have first choice!!
    They will hold it for some people but they are very very very selective on who they hold it for!! :mad54:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Same thing at the Prince Frederick Wal Mart. The ammo case doesn't have any ammo in it but they did have ammo hidden under the counter and in the back of the store. Employees are selling it to themselves(I know because I saw at least 3 of them selling ammo to each other from under the counter). When I walked up asking for ammo they looked at me funny and said "what caliber do you need?"
    They had various calibers of both handgun and rifle ammo.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    My friend works for the La Plata Wal Mart, and he says that they have lots of ammo! One of the things that they do is keep it under the counter, and the employees have first choice!!
    They will hold it for some people but they are very very very selective on who they hold it for!! :mad54:

I was there at 12:30 and they didn't have jack except shotgun shells and a box of .270. And I even asked for 9mm .45 and .22

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Kinda makes me wonder if they are selling it to themselves at employee discount to resell to the rest of us . . .

Nah, no one would do that.

I'm not a Walmart employee. I only play one on TV.

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    I have written Wally World off.

Between their business practices or how they screw over their employees.......its rather sick. It would not hurt my feelings to see that company go **** up. All they care about is their profit margins and nothing about their people or product line.

I work for DoD and have never worked for them, but I have yet to read a single positive thing about this company.

To keep on point, the last few times I went to with buy or find ammo I was treated as if i was troubling them with my inquiry of ammo. Flip them then, I'll take my business else where and have.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I have written Wally World off.

To keep on point, the last few times I went to with buy or find ammo I was treated as if i was troubling them with my inquiry of ammo. Flip them then, I'll take my business else where and have.

I have never figured out why anyone would write in Wally World in the first place when it comes to ammo. There are just too many other places out there to pick up ammo cheaper without worrying about if it’s hidden behind the counter or not.

Of course YMMV

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That is my belief with my local (California, Md) walmart. They are selling it to themselves or they're friends.

I know California does it . I was there 1 eve at 10.00 pm .they had gotten a load of ammo. I asked about .22 he said they had none. I waited patiently while he unloaded the boxes. About 30 min later a guy walks in and he reaches under the counter and pulls out a case of .22 and hands it to him 5000 rds ! So I had some words with the Wal-Mart employee and left.

Wood5443

Sep 23, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I know California does it . I was there 1 eve at 10.00 pm .they had gotten a load of ammo. I asked about .22 he said they had none. I waited patiently while he unloaded the boxes. About 30 min later a guy walks in and he reaches under the counter and pulls out a case of .22 and hands it to him 5000 rds ! So I had some words with the Wal-Mart employee and left.

You should have complained to management. Having words with the employee was a waste of time and does not solve this problem. If people are there and see it happening, going to their boss may stop this crap from happening. just a thought if you see it happen again...

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

Then they should be frigged fired.

Will pass on this comment onto WalMart HQ, thanks for sharing.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    was in wal mart in Dunkirk last week and they had 5 100 round boxes of 380 so I asked the clerk if I could get 2 boxes and he replied they didn't have any, I said there were 5 boxes in the glass cabinets and he replied "REALLY" so as I was waiting for another employee to bring the key to the cabinet, the guy with the key comes out from somewhere in the back with 3 boxes of ammo for another customer that was " hanging around" so I absolutely believe they are withholding ammo for certain customers.

sywl95

Jan 20, 2009
    You should definitely talk to the manager about this, if he is not in it too, of course.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I completely gave up on Prince Frederick Walmart ammo based on suspicions that seem to be confirmed in this very thread. Do yourselves all a favor and start using Gunbot instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom