• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hlpdobro

Sep 23, 2006
    Frederick Co MD
    Did paperwork on a G-17 today. Stopped by a Walmart only to stare at empty shelves.

Anyone care to share their favorite source(s) for 9mm plinking ammo?

Close to Frederick or mail order.

Have to feed the beast.

TIA

h

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Keep an eye on gunbot, prices are coming down and it's available longer. Some places charge a lot for shipping not making it worth it unless your buying large quantities.

hlpdobro

Sep 23, 2006
    Frederick Co MD
    @Dave, I'll be near Waynesboro next week. Thanks for the tip.

Appreciate the feedback from the rest of the guys. Anything else out there? Looks like I'll have to develop some predatory shopping skills.

Howard

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Keep an eye on gunbot, prices are coming down and it's available longer. Some places charge a lot for shipping not making it worth it unless your buying large quantities.

In addition to gunbot check slickguns.com. And gunbot is gunbot.net not .com.

You can set up email alerts for free on slickguns or make a donation to gunbot and get access to deals before the public. Lastly you can set up emails through slickdeals.com.

One other thing if you are going to be shopping online, go to major places like palmetto, midway, sgammo, etc... and set up accounts. So when deals hit you don't spend time creating an account or entering shipping info, credit card of other stuff that may cause you to not get any.

If online is not your thing and you have a smartphone, download the Walmart app and you can start checking your local stores without driving. You will also figure out the delivery schedule and what days will probably have ammo available to see on the app then head over. Mine usually had deliveries on friday or Saturday so I check the app around 7pm on the weekends and if a delivery of ammo arrived it will show in inventory. The ammo will sit overnight then be out for sale in the morning at 7am.

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    I've given up on the WM hunt and watch Cabelas for what I need. Yes, shipping adds to the cost but I've been able to find 9mm, .22lr, .380apc, and both .223 and .556. Just ordered 5 bx of .223 at 5.99 a box. With shipping, .39 a round and don't have to deal with the WM dolts.

hlpdobro

Sep 23, 2006
    Frederick Co MD
    Scored a few boxes of CCI from Palmetto. That's enough to check functionality.

We'll get down to serious shopping in a few weeks, once I take possession. It'll give me some time to shop for a few accessories.

While I'm at it, any opinion on aftermarket mags? Stick with factory made?

Howard

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Just ordered. Thanks for the heads up. Will report back once I've had a chance to try the factory reloads.

Watch VERY closely for rounds that are far under normal OAL. I've had issue with them from Freedom Munitions and so have a number of other people lately.

Anyone care to share their favorite source(s) for 9mm plinking ammo?

Close to Frederick or mail order.

I am in Frederick and can part with half a case (500) Aguila FMJ for $200 if you are interested. Cash only, PM me if you are interested.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Watch VERY closely for rounds that are far under normal OAL. I've had issue with them from Freedom Munitions and so have a number of other people lately.

I am in Frederick and can part with half a case (500) Aguila FMJ for $200 if you are interested. Cash only, PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the alert. I actually did search the threads and didn't find any bad reviews. Can you point to a thread that discusses the OAL issue? The Freedom web site says they specifically check for that.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****I saw the pics showing the OAL issue as well. I have purchased and shot 1000's of rounds of 9mm from Freedom Munitions and never had any issues including ammo purchased in the past month or so. Although they don't seem to have any in stock, I have also shot lots of their Blaster reloaded ammo without any problems as well.

Their new ammo comes in nice boxes with separators and their blaster ammo is cheaper and comes loose in cardboard boxes of 50. I honestly can't tell the difference in how they shoot though the blaster stuff doesn't always look as pretty.

Anyway, my .02

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    You can have problems with any ammo. Bought a box of magtech +p jhp about 4monhs ago and they refused to chamber and got stuck in my barrel. Never fired any because was seeing if I could cycle them since I had a problem with a different hp jamming up on me.

image.jpg

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    You can have problems with any ammo. Bought a box of magtech +p jhp about 4monhs ago and they refused to chamber and got stuck in my barrel. Never fired any because was seeing if I could cycle them since I had a problem with a different hp jamming up on me.

View attachment 89540

Let me also say I sent magtech about 6 pictures along with the lot number from the box back in February. They gave me a shipping label to return the box to them, 6 months later and they have yet to replace it for me after saying they would. Every couple of months I contact the person I wad talking with over there and they just tell me they are still trying to catch up on orders and don't have anything they can send. At this point I chalk it up as 30 dollars to know that I will never spend another dollar on their products. But that does not mean I am going to give up getting what I paid for, just that I will never buy their stuff again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom