• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Please encourage legislators to walk out as soon as SB281 is opened for the 3rd reading. It is obvious that this garbage will pass. Let it pass without those who oppose it in order to send the real message to the governor, the people of Maryland, and the United States.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Can they amend during 3rd reading?

If they can, this is a bad idea.

If they can't, I am behind my Delegate 100% if she decides to do it.

Have to also remember that it won't be the only bill during the hearing.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Can they amend during 3rd reading?

If they can, this is a bad idea.

If they can't, I am behind my Delegate 100% if she decides to do it.

Can't swear to it, but I did read somewhere that, because it's a Senate bill, it can be amended on 3d Reader...

The more it changes, and the longer it takes, the better off we are... but I have doubts it will die on the vine.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Please encourage legislators to walk out as soon as SB281 is opened for the 3rd reading. It is obvious that this garbage will pass. Let it pass without those who oppose it in order to send the real message to the governor, the people of Maryland, and the United States.

I think the only way this will really do much good is if they don't have a quorum and if I recall the #s on the votes last night even if everyone opposed was to leave they would still have enough.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I was thinking of this last night. Will walking out do anything other than the visual it sends? Is there anything requiring a certain number of members present?

I'm all for it, I just wish it had some teeth and wasn't just a show of dissent.

RedViperinMD

Mar 20, 2011
    MoCo
    Especially after last night, how could anyone think meaningful amendments will be accepted? Walking out would be the loudest, clearest message possible to send to the governor that this is not a law for the people, by the people.

Actually, the loudest clearest message would be to do what the ODummy crowd would do, angrily chant "no justice, no peace" and shut down the hearing until the police remove each and every last peaceful chanter.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Open carry at the minimum legal distance from the room. Bullhorns, big signs, firey infernos... wait, that last might be going too far. We can say it's to keep warm though!

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Is there anything requiring a certain number of members present?

Maryland's constitution requires a simple majority:

ARTICLE III SEC. 20. A majority of the whole number of members elected to each House shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner, and under such penalties, as each House may prescribe.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Need answer to two questons ASAP.
    1, What time does the hearing start today?
    2. Are they still accepting Amendments?
    Please advise ASAP.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Need answer to two questons ASAP.
    1, What time does the hearing start today?
    2. Are they still accepting Amendments?
    Please advise ASAP.

Possibly 10am, if not at that session, then likely at the second (2 or 3 pm, similar to yesterday). I do not see anything currently on their schedule regarding a time, but it DOES appear to be on schedule for today -

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...t-house-agenda&stab=04&tab=subject2&ys=2013rs

Yes, amendments may still be heard during 3rd reading.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Actually, the loudest clearest message would be to do what the ODummy crowd would do, angrily chant "no justice, no peace" and shut down the hearing until the police remove each and every last peaceful chanter.

If the shoe were on the other foot, the left would prevent the legislature from coming to order, would protest and shut down the building, and be covered by the media as heroes in defense of the Constitution.

If we employed the same tactics, it would be reported as an angry, lawless mob and serve to bolster the stereotype that they created.

I've made a point of dressing in a suit or sportcoat and tie at every event just to help break down that stereotype. It must be working a little, because the anti's see that we're not so different from them. It's partly psyops, folks. I even was approached yesterday by an OFA member who started proudly rattling off all the anti- groups she and her group there represented, until it became clear to her from our brief conversation that I was not one of "them."

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think we should all hold up 2014 signs and sing, "nananana nananana, hey hey hey, gooooodbyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee", nice and loud for them from the gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom