• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Im shopping around for my first suppressor. The TI tac65 and TI stratus keeps showing up in searches. They are cheaply priced, do you get what you pay for? Has anyone used/owned one and give me some solid reviews. Or should I just spend the money and get a sparrow ss which I like the looks of. All input is welcome.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I have one of those, for what it is for the money you cannot go wrong and you can take it apart and clean it.

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    have tac-65 great can have 7 different cans but if i need another 22 can would buy another without a second thought

Depends on your situation. If the Tac-65 is at the dealer ready to go, it would be quickest to send in the paperwork and start the six month wait now. Otherwise, you're going to be waiting on the form 3 from another dealer anyway, so you mind as well get a better quality suppressor. The SS Sparrow is what I would get if I could do it over. Either that or the SWR Warlock 2.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    When it comes to suppressors, always buy what you want. Never buy because it's cheap.

Remember, there's a fixed overhead in buying a can. Fingerprinting fees, MSP fees, ATF transfer taxes, the dealer's fee - all in all, you're looking at ~$350 in overhead. It's the same whether you are buying a pipe full of bottle caps or the latest in CNC machined 3-D asymmetric monocore technology. And what you buy is effectively unsellable. Sure, you can resell...if you eat the $200 to get it off a Form 4. Unappetizing. So save your pennies, buy the best. It's cheaper in the long run.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I have has a tac-65 for over 4 years. I have no complaints. Just make sure you clean it regularly. They are not FA rated if that makes a difference to you. I bought a sparrow (FA rated) so I can shoot my .22 kit on my m11/9.

DickyDck

Dec 20, 2012
    sorry to the thread starter for kinda hijacking this thread, but I didn't want to needlessly start another one to ask a similar question. One of the posters above stated he had 7+ cans, thats a lot! So it would seem to me that one with this many would have good knowledge of the devices. I have one of the econocans from Cadiz Gunworks, and for what it is, it's really not bad but the size is ridiculous. So I'm in the market for another one. I'm not completely inept at engineering, I was a master Nissan engineer in a previous life, but this sort of technology is in a different arena. So down to the question, most .22 suppressors are 1.0" in diameter, utilizing k-baffle designs, a few I've seen are using mono-core designs,and ranging from 4.5-6.5 inches in length. Of course combinations of suppressor and host firearm will effect total decibel effectiveness, but which is better the baffle or the mono-core? Also, if i can find one, would a suppressor of larger diameter, and or longer length, have a better suppression than that of a shorter, smaller diameter? Since I want the suppressor decided on to fit all of my .22lr hosts, I would like the suppression levels to be effective on everything. semi auto handguns being much more difficult to suppress than a bolt action rifle, the way I see it if I get good suppression from the Mosquito, I'll get fantastic suppression on the Savage. So is there a larger diameter, longer .22 suppressor out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom