Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:47 AM #11
NRA Life Member

NRA Life Member

Brochin's aide told me he supports 10 round magazine limits and "other parts of the bill" (he wouldn't elaborate)
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySanMan View Post
I was going to go to the rally in Harford County, but one of my delegates will be in this meeting. Decisions, decisions...
The Harford County event doesn't kick off until noon. This town hall runs from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Plenty of time to fill the whole day with Pro-2A fun!

NRA Life member, MSI, SAF Life member, GOA Life member, Texas State Rifle Assoc., Open Carry Texas, Lone Star Gun Rights
dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Pack View Post
Brochin's aide told me he supports 10 round magazine limits and "other parts of the bill" (he wouldn't elaborate)
Well, he's basically in support of all of it, as amended in the third offering. In committee he did manage to get fees for handgun licensing reduced from $100 to $25, as well as the live fire requirement reduced from 8 to 4 hrs, and I think he was responsible for extending the time period of a license from 5 to 10 years, but that's just window dressing- there shouldn't be a license required to exercise a RIGHT at ALL.

Sen. Brochin had an opportunity to try and kill this bill in committee, and even if he couldn't (didn't even try, BTW), he didn't have to vote for it- the bill would have passed without his vote. Jim Brochin is trying to appease pro-2A constituents in his district by pointing to his success getting the license rigmarole lessened, but those were just concessions given to him by Miller and Frosh, who know conservatives in 42 would be pissed if Brochin didn't at least APPEAR to TRY to stand up for the 2A. Miller and Frosh were just extending a professional courtesy to Brochin, or else they're dealing to get him to support something else they have up their sleeves down the line.
MotoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM #14

Susan Aumann is very, very reliable. She has a fundraiser at Bordy Vineyards every Fall. I would encourage everyone to buy a ticket and attend. We have to support the people who support us.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM #15
MSI Executive Member

MSI Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Well, he's basically in support of all of it, as amended in the third offering. In committee he did manage to get fees for handgun licensing reduced from $100 to $25, as well as the live fire requirement reduced from 8 to 4 hrs, and I think he was responsible for extending the time period of a license from 5 to 10 years, but that's just window dressing- there shouldn't be a license required to exercise a RIGHT at ALL.

Sen. Brochin had an opportunity to try and kill this bill in committee, and even if he couldn't (didn't even try, BTW), he didn't have to vote for it- the bill would have passed without his vote. Jim Brochin is trying to appease pro-2A constituents in his district by pointing to his success getting the license rigmarole lessened, but those were just concessions given to him by Miller and Frosh, who know conservatives in 42 would be pissed if Brochin didn't at least APPEAR to TRY to stand up for the 2A. Miller and Frosh were just extending a professional courtesy to Brochin, or else they're dealing to get him to support something else they have up their sleeves down the line.
And people need to continue to remind all lawmakers that such window dressing is not acceptable. Note the Senators who broke the filibuster on the floor but then voted "against" the bill.

We are too smart to not see through the gimmicks. They need to know it.

The Senate is getting another shot at this. They are obviously frightened enough to create elaborate window dressing to appease us. This next time we will remind them we see the Emperor's Clothes for what they are.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM #16
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I've been asked to speak at that event. I'll be there representing MSI.
Wasn't it the Balto Co State's Attorney who was one of the very first to testify in front of Frosh's committee in Feb., with a good deal of misinformation about "automatic" firearms, and the like? He testified shortly after O'Malley as a star witness, so it's near the beginning of the tape.

Will he be there? I won't -- don't live there -- but if it's the guy I'm thinking of, it might be nice to let the voters know what's being foisted on them and by whom: their own local officials.
JPFO
GOA
FPC
Jim12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues