• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I am looking seriously at getting an M&P22 to go alone with my 15-22 and my 40. I figure I love the rest of the platforms in that line so far and I think a 22 pistol would be a great addition. Does anyone have one?? any feedback??

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    great reliable pistol. the grips are not swappable like the other M&Ps - 12 round mags were hard to find but I think that settled down. I also think it has a thumb safety. been a while since I shot mine.

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    I love my m&p22 no issues for me, only problem was trying to find mags and they where expensive. But besides that I love the feel of a full size 22

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I really like mine. Mags are impossible to find right now. I just helped a friend get one and it only came with one mag. When I got mine about a year ago, it came with two.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Bought my fiance one for her birthday last week. We took it out for the first time yesterday. Its a great gun. Very accurate. I did remove the thumb safety and mag safety. We wanted as close to a regular M&P as possible. Mine came with 1 mag and I picked up 2 more before the craziness started

elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Bought my fiance one for her birthday last week. We took it out for the first time yesterday. Its a great gun. Very accurate. I did remove the thumb safety and mag safety. We wanted as close to a regular M&P as possible. Mine came with 1 mag and I picked up 2 more before the craziness started

How did you remove?

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I love mine, not as accurate as the S&W 22A's but it also doesn't have a 7 inch barrel. I have used it 4 times in the three weeks I've owned it. (Well technically I've owned it since January 3 but I had to deal with that 26 day "7 day" wait)
    Not picky about ammo, really nice to shoot.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I've had mine about 2 months and It's been pretty good. I've used about 1000 rounds in2 months of CCI, Federal, Winchester Wildcat, Remington Thunderbolt, Winchester SuperX, and Eley ammo with no real issues other then 1 or 2 dud rounds. My only issues were that the take-down lever is a pain to take out when new. I thought I was going to break it I had to use so much force to pull it out. Also after about 150 rounds the slide gets pretty hard to pull back but I think, maybe that was the ammo and not enough lubrication on my part. When this would happen the slide would still cycle between shots but would fail to lock in the open position after the last round. A quick cleaning solved the issues and everything returned to normal.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Jealous... my gf bought one and it's a jam-o-matic. Failures to feed, fire, extract and eject. Waiting in S&W to issue a call tag so theu can fix it.

I want to like it, other thsn the fact that it doesn't work it seems like a decent plinker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

shootmore

Dec 31, 2012
    I love mine and haven't had any issues with it. Only thing I don't like is the sights and am looking to replace them. It likes to be kept clean which prevents most minor problems. I did the opposite of you and have the 22 and just ordered the 40.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Love mine. Wasn't too fond of the rear sights. Luckily, you can replace them with stock M&P 9 sights which I found for ~ $15. Plus, I can still find 22lr!

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Happy with mine. First time out, the sights were off slightly, and, since I was just breaking it in, I put a brick of 500 into one target since it never punched out the center, my aiming point.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I have an M&P 22 also. I bought it because I already had an M&P 9 and wanted the 22 to shoot cheaper. No problems at all with it. I have used several brands of ammo.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Like many; I bought the M&P22 to supplement my M&P9. Perfect match. 22s are a lot cheaper. It took awhile to sight in, but I finally got it. I had trouble with Federal ammo with FTE. CCI works good. I by mostly Remington and Winchester because they work fine and are cheaper

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    They are just very fun to shoot with. The rear sight screw for tightening can be easily stripped, so I'd suggest once your find the sweet spot, blue loctite.

again, mags are over priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom