• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    They used a Crow bar. They left it behind that's how I know what they used. The house was broken into about a month ago and two handguns were stolen out of a upstairs bed room. They did not touch any thing else. Two weeks later the guy that we thought broke in got caught with one of the stolen guns and heroin. Bonded out no problem. Serious past history with guns and drugs. Now this two days ago. Shotguns 30-30 .22 ammo and mags were taken. Just to clarify it was not me personally. This happened to a close friend.

Attachments

• IMG_5475.jpg
      IMG_5475.jpg
      50.3 KB · Views: 9,990
    • IMG_5457.jpg
      IMG_5457.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 8,384
    • IMG_5456.jpg
      IMG_5456.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 8,170
    • IMG_5455.jpg
      IMG_5455.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 8,320
    • IMG_5454.jpg
      IMG_5454.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 8,077
    • IMG_5453.jpg
      IMG_5453.jpg
      76 KB · Views: 8,133
    • IMG_5452.jpg
      IMG_5452.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 8,010
    Last edited:

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Man that's terrible I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the guy and punish him to the fullest!

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    wow that sucks. same dude?

No idea. No one has been arrested on either break ins. No finger prints at all. Busted in two doors to get into the house. It's crazy they didn't take any thing else the first time. There was so much to take. Seems like they knew where the hand guns were. Second time the house was empty except for the safe. In the process of moving and that was last on the list.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I am sorry that happened to you. That stinks.

Seems like you need to add a monitored alarm system in addition to getting a better quality safe. Just ten bucks a month for a decent monitoring company. I put in my own DSC alarm system so it did not cost a fortune.

I like these door locks as well.

https://securitysnobs.com/Abloy/

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever bumped or picked them.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    No idea. No one has been arrested on either break ins. No finger prints at all. Busted in two doors to get into the house. It's crazy they didn't take any thing else the first time. There was so much to take. Seems like they knew where the hand guns were. Second time the house was empty except for the safe. In the process of moving and that was last on the list.

Didn't you say above that someone was arrested with a gun from the initial break in? They didn't question him about your break in? Also, did you have hired movers in the house prior to the break ins?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Gasp... You mean criminals don't buy their guns at the gun store? Seriously though, that sucks. I like to think of the safe as one measure of security, but not the be all end all. I also have a security system, and make sure I am very careful about transport from vehicle to house when they leave the house.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There is a video online where they demonstrate just how to do this with safes that cost a bit less and that have fewer locking bolts and thinner metal. I blame that video for this.

Did you have it bolted down?

captchaos1

Feb 7, 2011
    That sucks for you.
    Hopefully others can learn from you bad experience. This is why a safe must be bolted to the floor. Lots of info on the internet about how to break into a gun safe. They all start with "tip the safe onto it's back"

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.

makes you think who your friends really are? sounds like someone that knows you. sorry bro.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Wow, that really sucks. I hope they catch the person or persons responsible for this. They should be locked up for the rest of their lives as this was obviously not their first time.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    sorry to hear about your loss...not to flame you..but I would have taken the contents out of the safe if that was the last part of your move...especially being broken into once already...my priorities would have been guns first into new place...you should have them investigate the previous offender if hes out of jail...

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Man, those door lugs just folded right over! Hope your insurance covers everything.

Glad I dropped the coin on a Sturdy. . .the 7-8 week lead time is killing me though!
    I have been meaning to catalog all my stuff (firearms, accessories, knives everything worth something basically) with pictures and written descriptions and save it digitally. This has spurred me to do it, right when I get home from work today, even going to skip the haircut I had planned.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    That sucks, it's a shame that we have to spend money,lock everything, watch over our shoulder for criminals and all they get is a slap on the wrist, seems like the criminal has more rights than us. My brothers house was once broken into and a shotgun stolen and the cops didn't even take fingerprints ????? I'm kinda glad for you that you were not home, chances are you would be in jail right now.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    Holy CRAP!!!! :eek: Man that sucks big time!!!! I feel for ya! Big time! I can't even imagine the rage!

I was feelin' safe-er with my collection being all safe'd up but WOW! Not so much now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom