• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Hi. I am looking for the best "affordable" option to put a red dot on my Ruger American 45acp. I was suggested the Burris FastFire III using their DoveTail Plate. Thoughts? Other suggestions? I am trying to stay sub 300 for total install cost. This will be an fun toy not necessarily a EDC.

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    If you’re military or LE, you can get a Leupold DeltaPoint Micro for ~$200. It comes with dovetail mounting hardware for either the M&P or Glock slides.

Never used one, but I have a regular DeltaPoint on my G45 MOS and a Leupold LPVO on my rifle. Both are awesome, high-quality glass. Got a military discount on both and admittedly probably couldn’t have afforded them otherwise.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have the DeltaPoint Pro on my G30MOS and its great. I brought it as a factory refurb for around $300. I also have the
    Burris fastfire. It will get the job done just the same, but it’s not as robustly built. So you would be find with something like this IMO. However I cannot make any recommendations on how to mount it on your gun.

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    I did a bunch of research into mounting an RDS on my Springfield XD, and the consensus seemed to be that a standard mini RD on a dovetail mounting plate was a little taller than most people preferred. A lower RD like the DeltaPoint Micro that doesn’t require a separate mounting plate seems like a potentially very good solution.

For OP, if this is just a range plinker, having a slightly higher than ideal sight plane might not really be a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom