• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I bought a crate of Norinco ammo today. After a brief google search, I’ve read all sorts of conflicting information. Some say that the ammo is corrosive, despite the boxes saying non-corrosive. I see mentions of it being good, accurate ammo and that it might have value (I assume when compared to Tula).

Can any of you pros give me the scoop? Thanks in advance!

201701-B6-C294-4-C3-C-8-D38-39-C9-EDE332-BF.jpg

EE04-C881-CD6-E-4-AF9-B2-D1-63643-CC8-E602.jpg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I shot tons of it back when it was being imported and my Chicom AK's were none the worse for it. It should be 100% non corrosive. The copper washed stuff in non-marked paper packages was military issue and corrosive. Show us one of the head stamps please, that will tell the tale.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I shot tons of it back when it was being imported and my Chicom AK's were none the worse for it. It should be 100% non corrosive. The copper washed stuff in non-marked paper packages was military issue and corrosive. Show us one of the head stamps please, that will tell the tale.

Thanks for the help. It looks like 31 92.

48205453-89-A7-43-DF-8-E64-E830-A2-FDF363.jpg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    92 date. It's non-corrosive. BUT, Jimbob is right, it never hurts to clean as if it were corrosive. I only ever used Hoppe's No. 9 but I cleaned/clean thoroughly and never had a problem. If you've never shot the Chicom ammo, it's GOOD stuff; accurate (not match quality but still plenty accurate), reliable and consistent. I still have a couple 1000 rounds of the stuff and it's always outshot any of the Russian stuff.

Here's my Norinco underfolder internals after over 10,000 rounds of mostly Chinese (corrosive and NC) and East German surplus (corrosive):

Just clean it thoroughly and enjoy!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    All Commie primers are corrosive! I make a habit of cleaning after using any surplus ammo not made in the USA. Not worth risking damage to a barrel or gas system, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom