• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is this actually a Thing ? How can you do the " Fire One Round into Backstop " thing online ?

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Is this actually a Thing ? How can you do the " Fire One Round into Backstop " thing online ?

https://www.msar.com/classes-training/

From their web site:

The 4-hours of classroom instruction included in this class will be completed ONLINE via a two-way virtual platform (Zoom). Once you have completed the online classroom training, you must report to MSAR to complete the range component which should take less than 30-minutes.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    So instead of just doing it in person safely the virtual model adds more time and travel. Hmmmmm.

i really hope this virtual thing is short lived and only used for the covid era

TD

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    So instead of just doing it in person safely the virtual model adds more time and travel. Hmmmmm.

i really hope this virtual thing is short lived and only used for the covid era

TD

You may have hear of Covid-19, so many people want to limit their exposure to groups. The MSP have approved this online training which eliminates four (4) hours of sitting in a classroom. After the online training, the range component takes less than 30 minutes. The time and travel is the same for both in-person or online training.

If you prefer in-person training, it is available. Thanks for your comments.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    You may have hear of Covid-19, so many people want to limit their exposure to groups. The MSP have approved this online training which eliminates four (4) hours of sitting in a classroom. After the online training, the range component takes less than 30 minutes. The time and travel is the same for both in-person or online training.

If you prefer in-person training, it is available. Thanks for your comments.

Yes I have heard of covid, and also know in person instruction can be done safely as well. Best of luck

TD

Zippy

Nov 13, 2020
    Has anyone taken this class successfully? I’m new to wanting to buy guns. I’m 47 but my kids are getting into shooting.I’ve always bought guns off friends or even yard sales back in the day.

Zippy

Nov 13, 2020
    Ok I keep going back to the home page so I’m guessing the classes are full. Is there another option? Thanks

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Where you located? I know lots of courses are running and contacting a local gun shop might help you find them.

TD

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Ok I keep going back to the home page so I’m guessing the classes are full. Is there another option? Thanks

Zippy, I took the class in October at the Elks I saw it advertised in the Elks newsletter Very informative so glad I went!! Contact guns shops or shooting ranges perhaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom