• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    MSP is at least moving on my application- my check was cashed within two days of handing my application in, so at a minimum I know that it wasn't lost in a pile of paperwork.

I honestly didn't even expect my envelope to be opened for a couple of weeks- the way it's described as being so drawn out.

How long does it typically take before references start getting contacted and/or you hear from the state for a phone interview? a month? two?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    My FL permit took exactly 30 days door to door. PA permit, 6 days to process, 20 minutes to have the picture taken and then be handed the card. MD? Absolute fvcking JOKE, unless you are a lawyer or like to waste your time calling and/or writing strongly worded letters,...

I was believing for a minute there things were getting better, even if only a little bit.

Now I'm staring to think the LR was right.

HIIIIIIIGH HOOOOOOOOOOOOO SILVERRRRRRRR !!!!!!! :D

Maybe to an extent, but not completely. Anyone who thought the hprb was gonna go rogue and turn md de facto shall issue must have bumped their noggin.

But, the effort hasn't been in vain. The hprb is making strides in the right direction. That said, it will probably take a change in md law to get msp to clean up their act I believe.

Nailed it. Only thing I would say is not probably. And it is a long shot.

They are cleaning up the procedures really nicely, but it can all be undone next go around.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    HIIIIIIIGH HOOOOOOOOOOOOO SILVERRRRRRRR !!!!!!! :D

Nailed it. Only thing I would say is not probably. And it is a long shot.

They are cleaning up the procedures really nicely, but it can all be undone next go around.

Exactly. I lurk the HPRB threads and procedural changes along with open meeting act compliance would be about the only positives I see.

One or two getting approved and a handful getting restrictions lifted may or may not be progress. There is not a lot of past history available on which to compare those decisions.

So long as Hogan has a 70% approval rating and believes 95% of those applying receive their permits he has zero reasons to move 2a rights to the front burner and risk being smacked down by his buddy Miller.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Day 16 (March 16) check cashed for MSP

Still no word on Florida check being cashed.

NOBODY

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Just checked again, both FL and MD mailed same day FL check cashed on 10th wife wrote check from different account.

Still no communication with either agency.

Nobody

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just checked again, both FL and MD mailed same day FL check cashed on 10th wife wrote check from different account.

Still no communication with either agency.

Nobody

Did you get your FL paper prominently notarized WITH EMBOSSED Seal? They are picky about that, just an ink stamp , they no likey.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Did you get your FL paper prominently notarized WITH EMBOSSED Seal? They are picky about that, just an ink stamp , they no likey.

Many notaries I have used of late no longer have a embosser, inked stamps on seems the call of the day...

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

An ink stamp, I asked about seal and she said everyone was going to these.
    We will see what happens.

Also as mentioned in OP the guy at live scan in Towson said " they don't like MD LEO prints I should get them out of state or get the Utah permit. We will see what happens, I sent two cards to help should one not be good for any reason.

NOBODY

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I got my FL around three years ago. I had read others get rejected because of the seal, and warning to get it embossed. Sure enough I got a rejection letter. I made sure the notary did emboss it, but he used a small rectangular stamper. They are use to looking at the big round seals most states use. I was able to fix things via phone calls. One lady I spoke to got back to me a few days later and told me she saw is was embossed. Maybe by now they are accepting just an ink stamp.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I just use the bank for notary services. Doesn't cost me anything. Nice big beautiful embossed stamp ;)

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Day 29: Received my Florida permit in today's mail. Not a word from MD except that I know they cashed my check. I checked the bank the did not notify me.

My permit does not have my address on it and has a blue header.

NOBODY

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I was looking at possibly applying for the FL permit today. Would this be the best option for traveling outside of Maryland? I looked on "USAcarry" and found some info on it but got tied up with work.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was looking at possibly applying for the FL permit today. Would this be the best option for traveling outside of Maryland? I looked on "USAcarry" and found some info on it but got tied up with work.

Used to be, until PA dropped them. I used my FL more than my MD (over the last 5 years).

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Used to be, until PA dropped them. I used my FL more than my MD (over the last 5 years).

I was looking at either a VA or FL but it didn't look like FL recognized VA's non-res permit. I travel to FL at least once a year and NC and VA multiple times per year. Rarely travel into PA. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom