• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Please tell me, as someone who's never bought an nfa item but considering it, what the hell they are checking that can take that long?

10 mins after some shooter makes the news they can tell you everything about them down to their favorite cereal as a sixth grader but the aft takes 6 - 8 months to approve a suppressor.

It takes 'that long' to get to you. It probably only takes minutes to go over your form to make sure you dotted all the Ts and crossed all the Is.;)

J1911

Aug 27, 2014
    SoMD
    It takes 'that long' to get to you. It probably only takes minutes to go over your form to make sure you dotted all the Ts and crossed all the Is.;)

So basically only one person works on all of the and takes 165 days of personal leave each year.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You know it's f'ed up when the site says it works best on a version of internet explorer that came out 7 years ago and has been updated 3 times since and then changed to a new browser

I could not sign up with IE 11. I had to use FireFox.

Please tell me, as someone who's never bought an nfa item but considering it, what the hell they are checking that can take that long?

10 mins after some shooter makes the news they can tell you everything about them down to their favorite cereal as a sixth grader but the aft takes 6 - 8 months to approve a suppressor.

That's because after a shooting, they suspend all coffee breaks!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Got all the info entered. Working on scanning my trust and converting to a pdf so I don't have to attach 25 jpeg files, lol.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    ok, now I'm hung up. Wont let me upload the pdf file for my trust. Says the file is too large @ 5.2mb.

What is the largest file size allowed? It doesn't say.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    you should be able to save the trust in a lower quality PDF to cut the size. Had to do it to mine.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    you should be able to save the trust in a lower quality PDF to cut the size. Had to do it to mine.

yeah, I started at 100% which was a 14mb file. Then I kept cutting it down. Finally got to around 2mb @ 20%. It accepted that. .

Sweet Success. 1 down, at least two more to go...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom