• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I should have read further down the thread. Forget what I said. It had already been addressed and your issue was administrative - name difference.

mossy33oak

Nov 29, 2011
    Curl Cowty
    So I called today. I mailed mine Aug 25. The gentleman on the phone said it was received Sept 5th and that it would take 60 days. That puts me at Nov 28th if you only count business days?

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    So I called today. I mailed mine Aug 25. The gentleman on the phone said it was received Sept 5th and that it would take 60 days. That puts me at Nov 28th if you only count business days?

I mailed mine after you and I forgot to sign the credit card form. They sent the form back to me I signed and sent it to Martinsburg WV. Got my FFL 03 in today's mail! It just made this the best Halloween ever.

Oh yeah, I just bid on a Beretta 1934 on GB if I win it will be my first C&R purchase.....gotta make my bound book now. Wish me luck!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I like them because it's a damn near bullet proof pistol, they are very similar to my 1911's and its a really neat round. Very fast. They just feel good to shoot in my opinion. And I have smaller hands so they fit very well... The grip area of them is not wide at all. Plus the best of all they are C&r very cheap compared to other pistols and I don't have to cave in to the Hql.

There was a vendor with a crate of P64s (4 left by Sunday afternoon) that looked unissued, for $289 ea. Really the P64, CZ82 and Beretta 1951's

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Mailed 10/23/14 (Thursday)
    Charged 10/27/14 (Monday)
    Arrived 11/3/14 (Monday)

One week exactly from charge to license-in-hand! Way to go, ATF!

(Also, applied for HQL on 10/10/14, still pending. ATF beat MSP, despite a 2-week head start.)

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Dear Lord I hope mine is processed as fast as you guys have experienced recently! After trying and trying for months to get a Cugir Romanian Tok to match my Cugir Romanian AK without personally having to get a C&R, I finally "bought the bullet" today, so to speak. I just got back from the Post Office and my local Police Department and all the forms are now out of my hands and on their way. Now comes the hardest part of all...the interminable wait. :sad20:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Dear Lord I hope mine is processed as fast as you guys have experienced recently! After trying and trying for months to get a Cugir Romanian Tok to match my Cugir Romanian AK without personally having to get a C&R, I finally "bought the bullet" today, so to speak. I just got back from the Post Office and my local Police Department and all the forms are now out of my hands and on their way. Now comes the hardest part of all...the interminable wait. :sad20:

It depends on which State you're in. Maryland seems to be faster than most of the rest. When I called to check my status a week after my card was charged, the woman on the phone from ATF FFLC was shocked that my approval came so fast.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Mailed 10/16, card charged 10/21, got license today!

Awesome! Congrats!:thumbsup:
    Mailed 10/23/14 (Thursday)
    Charged 10/27/14 (Monday)
    Arrived 11/3/14 (Monday)

One week exactly from charge to license-in-hand! Way to go, ATF!

(Also, applied for HQL on 10/10/14, still pending. ATF beat MSP, despite a 2-week head start.)

Holy crap that was fast! Congratulations!:thumbsup:
    It depends on which State you're in. Maryland seems to be faster than most of the rest. When I called to check my status a week after my card was charged, the woman on the phone from ATF FFLC was shocked that my approval came so fast.

I'd say so, James' only took 11 days. That's friggin' fast!:thumbsup:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Our cards were hit the same day, so I guess mine should arrive momentarily.

My card was hit on the 21st also. Still waiting for the license. Maybe I should have been a little less critical of the current administration on social media. I might be in the "process v e r y s l o w l y" file.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    My card was charged last Friday, a week ago, so hopefully I'll be getting something in the mail today or tomorrow based on y'all's recent posts. Too bad it's after Classic's 2-day sale on the Romanian Tok expired. I just hope it arrives before all the Black Friday sales wipe out everyone's entire stock! That'll give me a day or two to beg my wife for an Xmas/B-day gift from the C&R Santa.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member

What number did you call? This one?

Federal Firearms Licensing Center
    244 Needy Road Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
    Voice: (866) 662-2750 (Toll Free)

I know that a watched pot never boils, but...but...:tap: I just called and got the standard "It'll be 60 days to process, sir!" When I noted that some other MD applications have recently been processed within a couple weeks, I was told "That just does not happen, sir!" Well alrighty then!

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Update..... I finally used my C&R tonight! I bought a p64 at AIM Surplus. I been eyeing these since MPDC4511 recommended it to me. Virtually identical design of the PPK, I had to get one.:D:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom