• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Everyone got the sold out email whether they ordered one or not.

You are not out of the running. They have to tell 2000 plus people that their order was recieved. DBU emails will be going out for a few days.

Thank you for keeping me from staying awake all night!!!! I was going to be really pissed since I got a fedex signed for at 7:58 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    It doesn't matter when your overnight package got there ... 0730, 1030, 1500 etc...

The CMP said that they'd take the valid orders received on Monday and draw them like a BINGO game... All orders in a bin and maybe Orest in a bathing suit to draw the winners?

So the 384 (or so) rifles are being drawn out of ALL of the valid applications received today prior to the SOLD OUT email.

Best of luck to the ones in the lottery. I can't wait to see pics!

Doc

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Wouldn't it be the 384 lmr rifles plus 383 non lmrs? So 767 rifles total...assuming approx 2000 orders received gives almost a 40% chance!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Are the IHCs in the CMP stores now? Some folks in my company are going to Cleveland for the rest of the week- kinda wish I got that assignment! First stop would be CMP.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wish they would have just raised the price. The lottery system is un-American.

I think they will raise the price on the next batch.

Orest was surprised by the response, and said maybe he'd set the price too low.

Of course, if these are just mixmasters in replacement stocks, maybe the price is not too low. This is not Adam Smith's idealized Market.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

Of course, if these are just mixmasters in replacement stocks, maybe the price is not too low. This is not Adam Smith's idealized Market.

Looks like all who sent in the paper work and it was received on Monday & Tuesday will automatically go into back order for the batch to be released in November. It looks like we all may win at some point in the next year! This makes me happy. Still no DBU for the ready IHC rifles......but if I am reading this correctly we don't have to re-submit. They recieved 969 orders and already have about 2,000 IHC rifles that they have to grade and inspect. I say anyone of us who got the order in on Monday and Tuesday to equal the 969 will get a rifle. The question is whether or not it is this batch or the later batch from the CMP.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Chief Operating Officer

Default IHC's all allocated - sold out
    Today we received 125 FedEx / UPS, 324 Priority Mail, and 520 regular mail. All of the IHCs we had ready for mail order are allocated - in effect we are sold out and will not accept any more orders that are not in hand by close of business tomorrow. That should take into account any orders in the pipeline.

This does not affect the rifles we have at the North and South store for sale on Thursday.

Any orders that we are not able to fill from the current offering will be placed on backorder and will be filled as we inspect and grade more IHCs.

Thank you for your continued support of the CMP

Cpt. Chaos

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Orest says that about every release when people start whining.

The one thing orest is not is "surprised" about the response. He's been doing this way to long....

The whole mixmaster thing though is something I am worried about. The last batch only had IHC recievers.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    where did these rifles come from?

"From the Army."

That's almost a standing joke on the (totally humorless) CMP forum. Whenever Orest is asked your question, that is the only answer he will give.

... and will be filled as we inspect and grade more IHCs.

Makes it sound like they may be shipped piecemeal rather than in a big November-ish release.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a correct and matching IHC Garand be worth about $3,500 all day long? For the money, I assume these only have IHC receivers, and that's good enough for me (at this point in my collection).

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a correct and matching IHC Garand be worth about $3,500 all day long? For the money, I assume these only have IHC receivers, and that's good enough for me (at this point in my collection).

correct = matching and going rate is under 2k but not by much. A collector grade speaks to condition as well as correctness.

I think CMP has them priced right, especially with the uncertainty built in. Buying an expensive rifle sight unseen means there needs to be a bit of a price break on that.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    No DBU yet but I know that my order was received yesterday morning, so I am hopeful that it's just a matter of time before I get it. I had to speak with CMP on another order, and the woman with whom I spoke said that I will get an email once they open my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom