• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    Alot of people have come into Wal-mart lately using the app to find ammo. keep in mind this:
    .Inventory is not always right
    .Update on inventory time varies
    .Things can sell out and take a while for the system to change the count

Some people have come in and acted completely absurd and accused us of hoarding the ammo, they have been very disrespectful, and very confrontational.
    By no means at all are we hoarding ammo in the back of eldersburg Wal-Mart. i just wanted to clear that up, let's all be classy and polite please

If you have any questions you can ask me on here, i'll gladly answer them as best as i can

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah you have to learn the idiosyncrasies of the app. For example it shows minimags as limited availability in two of my local stores ALL THE TIME even though they never have it.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    But but you have computers. Doesn't this stuff update in real time??? Doesn't it show up magically when you place the box in the case and then disappear when you take it out??? :sarcasm:

Sorry you're getting so much grief. People amaze me with what they want to believe.

Apr 1, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I feel it's just crazy when folks get heated with a store employee because the "app" says the ammo case is supposed to have ... I have seen times when the app said no 22 ammo was there and bricks were in stock.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    ^^This is still the most accurate and efficient way to do it....:)

There's nothing efficient about driving all over town HOPING its there. The most efficient way is to call the store first. Yeah, it might be gone when you get there but at least you know where to even bother making a trip to.

I just had a good news, bad news trip to WM myself. App said my local WM had fed 550 in stock. I needed a couple things so I didnt bother calling about the ammo. Lo and behold they didnt have it. I did however meet a VERY nice associate that I chatted with for about 15 minutes. He said to call and ask for him in the future :thumbsup:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I don't know how anyone would actually expect this app to be real time and if it's not, it's pretty much useless.

It's pretty close. I picked up the last 2 333 packs of .22 on Friday @ the Columbia WM. Within 10 minutes (enough time to run through the CFA drive thru for lunch) it was showing out of stock.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have tried almost every ammo listed and have never seen one in stock in any store.

It never says in stock. It will say "availability unknown" which means they MIGHT have it. Out of stock means they definitely don't have it.

elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    To be fair op I have seen them hold ammo behind counters and even say come again in morning I told so and so I held ammo for them. When confronted denied everything and said he was just about to put on display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom