• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Yep, I have a bunch of the long flash hiders in stock, and I've been getting Tavors pretty frequently.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    So....can an "end user" swap out a flash hider that they find "more attractive"-- like the "handsome" one that is on the factory model?

Technically, yes, the end user should have the physical capacity to accomplish this. As to the legality, however, this would return the rifle to a banned configuration, having an overall length of less than 29".

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    Do you have any 5.45x39 Tavor's in stock, or plan to have them in stock?

Thanks,

Erno

No such beast exists. IWI is planning to release conversion kits for 9mm and 5.45x39 but not as factory builds (kits might be release already not sure). You can call IWI to find out 717-695-2081

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    No such beast exists. IWI is planning to release conversion kits for 9mm and 5.45x39 but not as factory builds (kits might be release already not sure).
    wasn't there some story about there about them not producing/cancelling further production of 5.45x39mm kits?

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    wasn't there some story about there about them not producing/cancelling further production of 5.45x39mm kits?

Looked on the IWI.us website and they only list the 9mm kit as an optional item. Not sure what they are doing with the 5.45. As I said, probably best to call them. They answered right away. I wasn't put on hold or anything when I called.

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/foghorn/iwi-cancels-5-45x39-tavor-conversion-kit/
    Quote:
    One of the major selling points of the Tavor rifle was that you could swap calibers with the push of a couple buttons and a conversion kit. They promised that we’d see kits for 5.45, 9mm and 300 AAC Blackout, but it looks like they’re scaling back their promises. According to a posting on the Bullpup forum, callers are being informed that due to “issues” with the Soviet-era 5.45×39 caliber conversion kit they’re stopping production and will not produce any more. Naturally, this has annoyed many of the people who bought the Tavor specifically due to the caliber conversions that were advertised. We will update you with more when we hear back from the Tavor reps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom