• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    i was at the laplata walmart this afternoon and asked and they guy very quickly said they had no ammo.

a about a month ago i did score a bucket of remington 22 l.r. from dicks but I was there right when they where unpacking it.

dav1d

Jan 20, 2013
    i heard that ppl pay minions to line up everyday to buy ammo so they can sell it for triple the price at gun shows. maybe? how do gun show ppl have ammo but not walmart?

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    So sad...

I was in the Dunkirk Walmart and did my usual walk by the ammo counter. It was bare as usual. A clerk asked if he could help me, so I said I was looking for 40 or 45s. He said "I don't see any on the shelves."

So... As I am walking back from picking up my target purchase, I see a man buying ammo at the sporting goods register. I look down and the cabinet under the register is full of ammo. I said "You said you didn't have any ammo". He just replied "What would you like?"

I had a brief thought that I would like would be to slap the back of his head, but that would be wrong.

Today I go to the counter and a different clerk is there. I ask for the ammo, and he says "Let me look under this counter for you, we don't keep it on the shelves anymore."

I guess you not only have to catch the right time, you also have to catch the right clerk.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was in the Dunkirk Walmart and did my usual walk by the ammo counter. It was bare as usual. A clerk asked if he could help me, so I said I was looking for 40 or 45s. He said "I don't see any on the shelves."

So... As I am walking back from picking up my target purchase, I see a man buying ammo at the sporting goods register. I look down and the cabinet under the register is full of ammo. I said "You said you didn't have any ammo". He just replied "What would you like?"

I had a brief thought that I would like would be to slap the back of his head, but that would be wrong.

Today I go to the counter and a different clerk is there. I ask for the ammo, and he says "Let me look under this counter for you, we don't keep it on the shelves anymore."

I guess you not only have to catch the right time, you also have to catch the right clerk.

Let the boss know about the clerk and let the boss smack him in the head.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Let the boss know about the clerk and let the boss smack him in the head.

I never saw the guy again. Maybe someone else did as you suggested. The guy working the ammo counter now is very open and helpful.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Walmart is the only place I've ever seen the federal bulk .223 100 round value packs.

Just BTW, even though the box says .223, it is in fact 5.56, I have inspected it closely.

For the money, those bulk packs are by far the cheapest source of good quality brass cased ammo. PPU (Prvi Partizan) can sometimes be gotten for around 28 cents a round, and that's the closest I've seen in price to the Wal-Mart Federal red box bulk pack.

PPU is good ammo, it actually groups better than the Federal bulk.

Anyways, what I originally wanted to post about was that I once had an employee at the ammo counter in the Ellicott City Walmart threaten to fight me.

He asked for ID, and I'd told him I'd never been asked before. He again asked for ID, and I asked if my Concealed Carry License was acceptable. He then asked me:

"Are you gettin smart?" and balled up his fists.

I got a manager who said they'd take care of it. Just to be sure, I followed the manager over, and overheard her telling the counter clerk what a douche I was and how I had "tattle tailed" to her about him.

I contacted corporate, and they said they'd get it straightened out. That shit still works there to this day- which I guess is punishment enough for me to be satisfied.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    My wife just informed me that she was at Dunkirk yesterday and the clerk told her what they were getting in today.

Like I said, the new guy is very helpful. He will even let you know what time the truck is expected.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    I could be wrong but i thought i saw fed .223 value pack along with american eagle value packs at dicks in waldorf earlier.

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    California Wal Mart just got 9mm and 45acp in stock as of 8:00pm. 100 packs of Federals.

elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    I never saw the guy again. Maybe someone else did as you suggested. The guy working the ammo counter now is very open and helpful.

lol.. its walmart I had a manager right between a clerk and me while he was screaming I am so sick of you people looking for ammo and being a complete asshat. The manager's excuse for clerk was he was really stressed because ammo sales have increased so much.

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    Picked up a couple of 100 pack Winchester 9mm & .40 S&W yesterday @ Prince Fredneck. Restricted to 3 boxes at this store. 9 was $26 & change, .40 was $36 & change.

They had about 10 boxes 5.56 in 20 round boxes & some 7.62x39 Tula for $5.17 also. Lots of 20 gauge.

No .22. The employees are hoarding it.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    9mm winchester 100 round white box

.40 federal 50 round boxes

.45 tula steel case (several of them)

prince frederick walmart past saturday. Bill the sporting goods manager said they were getting alot of 9mm on a regular basis. .45 is intermittent

California is a joke. Couple random boxes of the serbian 9mm and tula .45 is all I have ever seen.

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    @ Prince Fredneck on Saturday, about 12:30 PM, no 9mm. 3 100 round boxes of .40 ($36+), 5 20 round boxes of .40 (19+). About 6 20 round boxes of .45 & 6 20 round boxes of .38.

Still some 20 round boxes of 7.62x39 Tula ($5.17) & about 4 boxes of 20 round .223 (don't remember which manufacturer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom