• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I saw a Groupon this morning to this new company. http://www.groupon.com/deals/disast...&utm_medium=ApiV2&utm_source=uu7453145company website: www.disasterbootcamp.com

The event will take place Friday October 4th through Sunday October 6th 2013

2564 Silver Road
    Darlington, MD 21034

Choose Between Two Options
    •$75 for a one-day admission to a disaster-preparedness boot camp (a $150 value)
    •$95 for a three-day admission to a disaster-preparedness boot camp (a $275 value)

Looks like you setup a tent there if you do the 2 day event. You can purchase a meal plan for $60 (6 meals) if you choose the weekend option.

From website: During the day, they run demonstrations in water sourcing, self defense, and operating a basic hand radio, after which participants gather for low-key moonlight socials.

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this class or has any information on the company.

cjp45

Sep 19, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have the same questions. I have not seen much on MDshooters for this. so I want to know if anyone from here is going. I don't want to be the only person to show up.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    nice glad to see at least two more people. does not look like a widely known event. I am thinking about going. I just want to see if anyone else is going or has heard anything else about this event.

I found a code at http://www.marylandoutdoorclub.org/events/details.asp?eventid=1716
    Promo Code: MSPCORP for 100% off. It worked for me. and it still works as of 8:11 am.

Did you get 100% off, or just $100 off the price? Did you pay the $60 for food?

I was thinking about staying in the cabin since i don't own a tent/sleep bag and would probably pay close to that for a set. so i figure with that code I would pay $160 total

cjp45

Sep 19, 2013
    Calvert County
    type it in when you fill out the reservation I only paid 60 I figured I would get the food so I did not have to think about food storage.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I'm on the fence with this as well. Some of the workshops seem useful, but then when looking at the activities, it begins to seem more like camp.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I would have liked to have gone to this but unfortunately I will not be in town. Anyone know if they will be holding another event in the future?

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    What did you think about it. Any good? Did you have fun?

It was very good, the instructors were all very chill.

More events than you could fit in the schedule, I guess the thinking was that people wouldn't hit every class.

There was a 30 minute break between every class, and even before and after lunch, which basically worked out as a 2 hour lunch.

If there were not so many breaks, you could probably attend more classes.

I skipped the archery, .22 rifle range, and livestock/farming skills, as I'm already a big shooting, and I don't have livestock.

There was a moonlight gathering around the firepit on Saturday night, but out of around 300 people that attended the camp, only around 25 attended the moonlight gathering.

There was various Police/SWAT members there instructing, and they were fairly cool, and seemed "pro prepper".

Only real issue was a lack of maps on Friday to easily locate restrooms/showers, and there was no ice available as advertised on the website.

All in all, not too bad considering this was their first attempt at the boot camp.

I would do it again for sure.

[YT]zhInnW23Xz0[/YT]

[YT]sEg0SlIUPyM[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom