• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I'm looking to get rid of my REPR, it's fun and all but i want that exacting accuracy that a bolt gun will give me. (Btw, 3600 if anyones interested). Am thinking i could build a pretty nice rem 700 if i sold my REPR, or should i start with a Savage? Or just jump right into the Accuracy international where all the work i'd have to do to the rem/sav would already be done, in a much more (i'm guessing, at their price point) professional/accurate rifle package.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you have the funds AI or Sako TRG are out of the box ready. But you are looking a good bit more than $3600 with optics.

Otherwise, consider a full custom. Stiller action, barrel, stock, optics. It will be in the $3600 or so range, but will be nice.

Lastly, pick up a nice 700 with a heavy barrel and go for it.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    If you have the funds AI or Sako TRG are out of the box ready. But you are looking a good bit more than $3600 with optics.

Otherwise, consider a full custom. Stiller action, barrel, stock, optics. It will be in the $3600 or so range, but will be nice.

Lastly, pick up a nice 700 with a heavy barrel and go for it.

AI Accuracy Enforcement rifles in .308 start at around 3600.00 at euro optic.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Then add a GOOD optic will add $1000 - $3000 on top of that.

seabeeJordan

CAN DO!
    Dec 13, 2012
    Get at savage 10BA or 110BA i have one and its a top of the line rifle. With hand loads ill shoot 3/8 inch groups at a 100 all day. Factory stuff is about 3/4 to 1 inch.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Savage makes some accurate rifles.

A bit more aftermarket stuff for Remingtons.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    if you're selling a REPR to fund it, why on earth you'd go savage is beyond me. get a GAP or Beanland built on a stiller, borden, badger, or surgeon action. bartlein, obermeyer, kreiger barrel. AICS, mickey, or manners. should have enough left over for at least an ST-10 if not an SN-3.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Get a Savage. I have a 111 and fricken love the thing. Great groupings and a very well made rifle.

If you want a 700, get a used one that has been a safe queen for at least 10 years. I grew up shooting them and my family has three (25-06, 30-06, 7mm Mag). The old ones are great rifles, the new ones just aren't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom