• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN

Thanks. Will pay particular attention to each round when I receive them and again when loading. I don't usually don't look all that closely unless something doesn't feel right. But at least it appears Freedom will stand behind their products.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I bought some Tula Brass Max 9 and took it to the range along with Federal and WWB. Couldn't get it to feed more than 1 round w/o jamming. No more for me. Had a CZ Shadow which isn't real finicky.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I stopped by Bass Pro in Arundel Mills and wow did they have a ton of ammo in stock, I wont go into other calibers as this thread is about 9mm, let's just say they had most everything you cant find. The 9mm ammo I scooped was something I had not seen before online or in any stores locally anywhere, and am not familiar with. I'm talking about Winchester SXZ 115gr fmj 9mm. When I pulled it out of the box, I actually looked at the outside of the box again to make sure they were fmj. Yep they sure are, and after looking closer, they have what is called a "Lubalox coating" which is supposed to reduce barrel fouling and engraving forces. The box also says these rounds are specifically designed to be a multi purpose round for either target practice or home defense as they have been engineered to have the same feel and function. 1190 muzzle fps, 1176 5yrd fps, 1125 25 yrd fps. Can anyone provide any feedback on this ammo? How do they perform at the range and or any opinions on this for home defense? Btw they were priced at $16.99 per 50rds. Cost being very low on the totem pole as far as importance here, I'm fishing for performance knowledge if possible, thanks all!!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    If online is not your thing and you have a smartphone, download the Walmart app and you can start checking your local stores without driving.

Which Walmart app? There are about half a dozen Walmart apps for my Droid.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Which Walmart app? There are about half a dozen Walmart apps for my Droid.

Not sure on droid because I have an iPhone but thus is what it looks like in the App Store. Once you download it, search for the ammo you want and add it to a list. Then anytime you want to see if it is available just pull up the list, click the ammo you want, and click search availability. If you don't make a list you will need to constantly be searching for the ammo individually instead of having everything in one place.

image.jpg

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Not sure on droid because I have an iPhone but thus is what it looks like in the App Store. Once you download it, search for the ammo you want and add it to a list. Then anytime you want to see if it is available just pull up the list, click the ammo you want, and click search availability. If you don't make a list you will need to constantly be searching for the ammo individually instead of having everything in one place.

View attachment 89867

Thanks. I found it once I knew what I was looking for. The picture helped.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Stick with factory mags 100%, you'll never have to worry about a thing

Is that to say one doesn't have to test fire the gun for functionality? Factory mags are no guarantee of a gun's performance. From experience, I can state that as a fact.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks. I found it once I knew what I was looking for. The picture helped.

Not a problem. When you are a checking availability of ammo you should see something like this so you know which stores have it and which do not. This is for tulammo 223. Even though I don't use thus ammo I look for lots of different kinds because not everything is able to be searched through the app. For example they have tulammo 223 but not tulammo 9mm or 45acp. So add some ammo you don't normally use just to cover bases and see that a store got ammo in, so you can go check what else not on the app may be in the store.

image.jpg

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County

Yeah, that was me. Great company though. I brought the issue up to them (mid-panic) and I had another 500 rounds of 38 at my door in a week. Free of charge.

THAT....is customer service.

Haven't had any problems with the new batch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I see more and more 9mm ammo in stock online at least. I have had no problems finding basic plinking rounds at as low as .20 a round (non-reloadable, 115gr jacketed) before shipping. A couple of months back I was paying .30-.32 or so for lots of 500-1000.

The ammo isn't fancy, but it works well enough for plinking, target work, and typical shooting drills.

nosdog2

Jan 9, 2013
    ****I saw the pics showing the OAL issue as well. I have purchased and shot 1000's of rounds of 9mm from Freedom Munitions and never had any issues including ammo purchased in the past month or so. Although they don't seem to have any in stock, I have also shot lots of their Blaster reloaded ammo without any problems as well.

Their new ammo comes in nice boxes with separators and their blaster ammo is cheaper and comes loose in cardboard boxes of 50. I honestly can't tell the difference in how they shoot though the blaster stuff doesn't always look as pretty.

Anyway, my .02

Ditto. They will continue to get my business.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Did paperwork on a G-17 today. Stopped by a Walmart only to stare at empty shelves.

Anyone care to share their favorite source(s) for 9mm plinking ammo?

Close to Frederick or mail order.

Have to feed the beast.

TIA

h

I have had the best luck with Bass pro in Arundel Mills. I am close by so it's not a big gas expense getting there. The prices may be slightly higher than WM, but it is there available way more frequently. I scooped a 250 rd mega pack of 9mm today and they had a lot more left. They also had 50 rd boxes too. limit 1 mega pack or 3 50 rd'ers. This wouldn't be very close to your Frederick location, but it has been my best source lately, so if your in the Arundel mills area it's usually worth a stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom