3/10 MoCo event for 2A rights supporters to show a presence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    My question is at this point in the process of passing this bill why are they now in the liberal utopia of MoCo trying to convince people that more gun control is what we need? Does this mean we are having an effect?

Short answer yes.

We should hold similar events in favor of educating the public, in there home court and invite them to a fair debate.

I an thinking we could find some national headliners to be in the panel as well.

Of course that is for later.... we are busy now..

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Short answer yes.

We should hold similar events in favor of educating the public, in there home court and invite them to a fair debate.

I an thinking we could find some national headliners to be in the panel as well.

THIS ^^^

Can you imagine if Frosh found out a group like MSI was holding a function educating the people of his county and letting EVERYONE ask the question they wanted to? And getting FACTUAL answers ... That would be awesome!

Something like that NEEDS to happen in alot more places

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Agreed. More educational meeting that allow attendees to talk about the facts. Invite local and regional press. Have the panel balanced with pro and anti advocates. That way we look legitimate. If MSI sponsors it, even better.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    I'd join.

They were also addressing video games and they wanted to do something to Bethesda Game Studios (I think). Unfortunate that they didn't know it was RIGHT IN Rockville just off W. Gude and 270. But Ike Leggett did have the decency to address the fact that kids playing violent video games should be moderated by the parents.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Short answer yes.

Agreed. The facts are overwhelmingly on our side :-) They have to resort to bringing up the details of the murders of children to distract from the fact that gun control is not the answer. I can't believe the low levels to which they will stoop. SRO's would protect kids, but they don't seem to care. They use the death of innocent children to advance their gun regulation/confiscation agenda. Sickening!

And make no mistake about it - their long-term plan is gun confiscation!

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks.

Do you know how the 75th offender guy got the gun? I can already see their reply being gun access, straw purchase, etc... "His girlfriend bought it...if only we fingerprint her, license..."

As for your first point, I dont know enough to discuss it. I try not to ask questions where the answer is not something I already know. If someone more wlll versed is attending, I will leave that one for them to ask.

What gun do you speak of? There is no mention of a gun in the story.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    OH NO!! Forehand is an idiot!! Based on some of her questions during the hearings, I don't even think she read the bills, let alone be able to carry on an intelligeent conversation about their pitfalls.

Yeah. She was only in the audience for this one, and so she did not get a chance to insult my intelligence. Was she the one practically screaming "No" to any non-gun-grabbing amendments during the SB281 voting?

What gun do you speak of? There is no mention of a gun in the story.

Good catch! Post edited. In my rush to get to the event and be prepared, I must have assumed he had a gun. His teller note could very well have said, "gimmie the money or the puppy gets it!", or maybe "gimme the money or I will spray you with soda from my assault bug gulp!" :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom