• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I have flexibility as long as I have a 48 hour heads up and I will be there as many times as it takes to be there.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I can make either, or, but unfortunately not both. But I am going to one or the other. Didn't get to testify Wed. I'll be damned if I give up!! Emails, letters, phone calls, continue!

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Planning on being there again. And I know a few others that plan on attending again.

I'm self employed, no work no pay, but can usually adjust my work schedule, work the weekend to make up, etc. Working today to make up for the 6th.

I'll show up as much as I can.

Romanservices

Nov 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Not sure if this is a good idea or not but i have a military troop carrier (big 6x6 5ton) im willing to shuttle people to and from. Not sure if it sends the right visual signal to help the cause or not.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I will be there for both days. I am hoping I shamed the other guys that bailed on me last Wednesday. After they saw my pics, they said that would not miss future dates. I hope they mean it.

I would really like to see more diversity in the crowd. What could we do to help with that?

elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Even if we do it really doesn't matter they disregard what we want! Look its feb 6 omalley is saying oh those are only a few all Marylanders want this ban

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    25,000, That's a lot! The only way you will do it is by spreading the word outside this relatively small internet group.

Yesterday afternoon I was drinking beer at a local garage with a couple guys. Turns out they are gun owners and there pissed off about the proposed laws. I asked if they have done anything about it. 'No, what can we do?" they answered. I told them about the AGC email page and about this forum. I told them about the people who went to Annapolis the other day. They are not big internet users and had no idea how to channel their frustration with our state legislature.

To get 25000 you have to go recruiting.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Good point Shazam! The average Joe is very aloof in the ways of our legislative process. Most people arent aware of what to do until after the fact and even then they dont know much.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    25,000, That's a lot! The only way you will do it is by spreading the word outside this relatively small internet group.

Yesterday afternoon I was drinking beer at a local garage with a couple guys. Turns out they are gun owners and there pissed off about the proposed laws. I asked if they have done anything about it. 'No, what can we do?" they answered. I told them about the AGC email page and about this forum. I told them about the people who went to Annapolis the other day. They are not big internet users and had no idea how to channel their frustration with our state legislature.

To get 25000 you have to go recruiting.

This is a perfect example of the grassroots movement we need! Good job Shazam! It wouldn't hurt to make a printout of a summary of the bills we are fighting and the dates. Something that we could hand out so people won't forget.

Buckhorn

Rifleman
    Apr 25, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Getting back to the OP...

The crowd on Feb. 6 overwhelmed the infrastructure. Parking was maxed out and the only way to get to the rally from a parking spot (if you were lucky enough to find one after the stadium lot filled up) was on foot.

Aiming for a larger turnout for the next two sessions is an admirable goal, but we need ideas for the logistical side of things. And given that monster rallies in Annapolis could be an annual thing, we should have effective transportation plans in place. Here are some thoughts to get the discussion going...

-- One or two people in a car is too few. Every car should be filled to capacity. Carpools can be set up in this forum, but that seems kind of hit or miss. Maybe some of our IT members can set up a separate site (that's not a forum) for connecting riders and drivers.

-- If someone has a connection to a bus company, maybe we can hire a bus (or multiple buses) to shuttle attendees from parking lots outside of Annapolis. I'd gladly pay cost++ for that service.

-- This isn't the best time of year for boating, but the Annapolis harbor is just two blocks from Lawyer's Mall. Boaters on the forum: you could pick up people at docks near the city and shuttle them to the harbor. Again, I'd gladly pay the captain. Plus, that would be a really cool way to get to the event.

-- How about people with vans picking up attendees from parking lots outside the city and dropping them off within walking distance of the rally (while avoiding traffic jams). Circle around and make several trips.

-- Is there a place within walking distance of the rally where bicycles can be locked up? If so, haul your bike on your car, park outside the city and pedal in.

-- Is there motorcycle parking within walking distance? Or maybe some of the local motorcycle dealers would be willing to let bikers park at their stores for the day (it'll be a cold weekday, so they probably wouldn't get much business anyway). Volunteers could shuttle attendees between dealers and the rally in cars or vans.

-- If you work in or near Annapolis, you have an intimate knowledge of parking strategies there. If there is a "secret" spot or two you know about, tell a friend. Or maybe you can talk your employer into letting a few rally attendees park in the company lot.

-- Moving large crowds into a city for a rally must be relatively common in other cities. How do other grassroots groups do it?

Romanservices

Nov 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    I posted above that I am willing to act as a shuttle service using my troop carrier:

2012-08-21%2018.33.23.jpg

The crowd on Feb. 6 overwhelmed the infrastructure. Parking was maxed out and the only way to get to the rally from a parking spot (if you were lucky enough to find one after the stadium lot filled up) was on foot.

Aiming for a larger turnout for the next two sessions is an admirable goal, but we need ideas for the logistical side of things. And given that monster rallies in Annapolis could be an annual thing, we should have effective transportation plans in place. Here are some thoughts to get the discussion going...

-- One or two people in a car is too few. Every car should be filled to capacity. Carpools can be set up in this forum, but that seems kind of hit or miss. Maybe some of our IT members can set up a separate site (that's not a forum) for connecting riders and drivers.

-- If someone has a connection to a bus company, maybe we can hire a bus (or multiple buses) to shuttle attendees from parking lots outside of Annapolis. I'd gladly pay cost++ for that service.

-- This isn't the best time of year for boating, but the Annapolis harbor is just two blocks from Lawyer's Mall. Boaters on the forum: you could pick up people at docks near the city and shuttle them to the harbor. Again, I'd gladly pay the captain. Plus, that would be a really cool way to get to the event.

-- How about people with vans picking up attendees from parking lots outside the city and dropping them off within walking distance of the rally (while avoiding traffic jams). Circle around and make several trips.

-- Is there a place within walking distance of the rally where bicycles can be locked up? If so, haul your bike on your car, park outside the city and pedal in.

-- Is there motorcycle parking within walking distance? Or maybe some of the local motorcycle dealers would be willing to let bikers park at their stores for the day (it'll be a cold weekday, so they probably wouldn't get much business anyway). Volunteers could shuttle attendees between dealers and the rally in cars or vans.

-- If you work in or near Annapolis, you have an intimate knowledge of parking strategies there. If there is a "secret" spot or two you know about, tell a friend. Or maybe you can talk your employer into letting a few rally attendees park in the company lot.

-- Moving large crowds into a city for a rally must be relatively common in other cities. How do other grassroots groups do it?

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park

Park and Ride Lots In Maryland & others
    http://www.mwcog.org/commuter2/commuter/ridesharing/prlocations.html

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

--

Lou45 did just that. He arranged to charter school buses for the event. Everyone pais a small amount to ride. Creating our own mass transit for these hearings is a creative way to address the logistical issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom