• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    How in the devil did you get your hands on that?

My landlord is the man. Took the doors off the left and right sides yesterday and cleaned it up some. Was a busy weekend between making deer bologna, boiling skulls and other stuff. Hoping to get the wood for the tops cut next weekend then start mounting presses.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Figure I might a well put mine in the mix
    IMG_20130203_140801_217_zps7b9e99fc.jpg

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Very nice. Is that the work table from Harbor Freight? Ive been thinking about picking one of those up. How do you like it?

Yes it's from harbor freight.
    I like the table pretty good, I left the wood vise off of it, figured I'd never use it. The only thing I don't like is the little holes in the top, but I'm figuring on getting something to put in the holes. Plenty of space on the top, at least for me, but I'm just starting out. 4 drawers and a shelf underneath for storage.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This is my "portable" reloading bench aka "platform" that I use for my smaller calibers. My .50BMG stuff is in the shed; since I do need some heavy duty benches to use the press with.

I can move around my house, and use the two C-clamps to fasten down (with protective towels of course) on any ledge of a table and reload.

16c98pd.jpg

Excuse the dust on it. I haven't reloaded in awhile :blush:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This is my "portable" reloading bench aka "platform" that I use for my smaller calibers. My .50BMG stuff is in the shed; since I do need some heavy duty benches to use the press with.

I can move around my house, and use the two C-clamps to fasten down (with protective towels of course) on any ledge of a table and reload.

16c98pd.jpg

Excuse the dust on it. I haven't reloaded in awhile :blush:

Sweet idea! That isn't dust, it is proof that your loading setup needs attention and has been feeling neglected. :lol:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wired up 2 4' t5 fluorescent lights over the bench and wired up 6 outlets as well. Now just need to remount my press and figure out where to mount the powder measurer etc.

fcc4abde97520b2ca33fbdd76e80521e_zpsaa2f7bba.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Heres my old door work bench, its actually a mahogany door.

The tracks that are in laid are simply uni-strut with 3/8 x 16 spring nuts inserted in them so I can anchor down my gun stands (several sizes for different guns), my bench vise, and my soon to be purchased reloader.

So far it works well.

Nice bench Brian, what size uni-strut and what are you using for hold downs?

2kxj

I'm your huckleberry
    Jan 25, 2013
    Flohrville
    Morning all, been snooping and gawking on here for a few weeks and finally got around to snapping a picture of my bench. I inherited my grandfather's tooling and supplies. He has been reloading for 58 years and his eyes are on their way out so he has taken me under his wing. You don't have to see to share your knowledge right? Anyway, I will have to get another picture when I am actually running something so you can see presses. I have a few turret style Lee presses and a rock chucker which is going to be my resizing press on the end of the bench for .308 and 30-06. Depending what I am working on that press will be bolted to the bench infront of the chair. Needs a bit or cleaning up but what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 2013-02-02_11-48-45_20.jpg
      2013-02-02_11-48-45_20.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 998

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Nice bench Brian, what size uni-strut and what are you using for hold downs?

Its 5/8" strut. I just used a router to cut the grooves in the wood, then screwed it down. I put a bunch of spring nuts in the strut so I dont need to move them around very often. The stands are made of scrap cherry, and are held down with 3/8 - 16 threaded knobs. I made about 8 of the stands in various sizes to hold different rifles.

DSCN2276_zps26a1627f.jpg
    [/IMG]

DSCN2278_zpsd0f4f070.jpg
    [/IMG]

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Does anyone have recommendations on a quality vise for a decent price? I'll pay a little more for something that is going to last.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Here's mine. Got the bench at Costco and put it in the utility room in the unfinished portion of the basement. Cabinets above are great for storing dies, powder, bullets, etc. Daughter sits where the 505 scale resides as I weigh out charges. Also mounted the concentricity gage I got for Christmas to the right. Works for me.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 852

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Here's mine. Got the bench at Costco and put it in the utility room in the unfinished portion of the basement. Cabinets above are great for storing dies, powder, bullets, etc. Daughter sits where the 505 scale resides as I weigh out charges. Also mounted the concentricity gage I got for Christmas to the right. Works for me.

Cutie!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Its 5/8" strut. I just used a router to cut the grooves in the wood, then screwed it down. I put a bunch of spring nuts in the strut so I dont need to move them around very often. The stands are made of scrap cherry, and are held down with 3/8 - 16 threaded knobs. I made about 8 of the stands in various sizes to hold different rifles.

DSCN2276_zps26a1627f.jpg
    [/IMG]

DSCN2278_zpsd0f4f070.jpg
    [/IMG]

Thanks, sorry I missed you in Annapolis, hope to catch up with you down there on the 1st or the 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom