• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I have used WWB (9mm) in my Glock 17, Browning HP and Beretta and have never had any problems. The Glock actually seems to prefer WWB.

Yeah, WWB is the cheapest (115 gr) ammo that'll run well in my Glock 17 that I've tried (I've only tried Federal/AE, WWB, Speer Lawman). It also feels fairly comparable to Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +p. I had ejection issues with American Eagle 115gr (cases eject directly back at me) while I was breaking my gun in (first 1000 rounds).

ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    I use WWB in my 9mm XDM and have not had any issues so far.

So I took my XDM 9mm out this weekend for the 2nd time, and very early on I had the last casing hang up in the slide (thinking back on it, it may have sounded under powered). Immediately stripped it and check for jams, put it back together, and my dad and I shot about 150 rounds through it with no other issues (100 WWB and ~50 Walmart Federal). I saved the casing and the striker marking looked good, but like other have said, lots of soot/powder residue on the outside.

For now, I'll chalk it up to new gun and/or cheap ammo. Ive got two more boxes of WWB and I'll pass along any other problems.

CT

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sad to say, I have some issues with WWB in their 165gr .40 load. I had five FTFeeds during a match Saturday. I will say this is better than my reloads, but my reloads cost half of the WWB. The 9mm stuff I haven't had a problem with yet, but I still need to run some through my CZ-75. No problems through my Sub2K yet.

Jim

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I've used a bit (100 rds) of .45 WWB in three of my 1911's and haven't experienced any problems though it IS VERY dirty shooting and the stainless guns show it big time. I have always used Federal as my shootin' .45 ammo of choice but will occasionally try something else in my .45 1911's just to see how it does.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I agree with Lou. I have shot some WWB in a light sprung 1911 (limited class loaded for exactly the Major PF level) and it runs fine. My carry guns are all sprung heavy for max power loads and don't like it as much. We ran some through Skeeter's (factory) RIA tactical and had no issues. the 45 is filthy but it does shoot. I just wont use it unless i'm out of handloads (i'm a cheap a$$) and can't find anything else. The experience with runaways in 9mm subgun (colt 635 and an an MP40 in my case) and failures to make enough power to cycle my european 9mms (don't have us 9mm pistols) just soured me on the whole thing.

as always, ymmv, but I wouldn't advise the WWB thing unless you have tried it in your specific gun and it always works. I prefer shooting full power ammo (i am the type that shoots 357mag almost all the time and has 38s for other shooters that dont want my Blue Dot flamethrowers) for practice so that i'm used to the same power all the time. Bunny fart loads mess with your timing if you suddenly switch to max power defensive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom