• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Well I went to Sanners this weekend to test out my newly built AR and it worked great. I put maybe 150 rounds through it without any problems. Using only iron sights I had a fairly tight grouping at 50 yards, and at 100 I was able to consistently hit the "bad guy target" without any problem in the chest area. Next, I need to get my RDS on there and sight that in. So I might be looking at another range day next weekend, hopefully.

Cleaning the rifle last night I noticed that instead of a spring on the exctractor Spikes uses an o-ring. I was confused at first but I guess it makes sense. I just used some Rem oil to lube up the parts but searched and see that people use motor oil and bearing grease.

Jay M.

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm still working on my iron sights as well. I went to hap baker this weekend and shot 5 inch groups at 50 yard and 7 inch groups at 100 yards with my new AR. The groups were in the 2 O'clock area , but still within the 12 inch circle part of the target. I'll be working on the zeroing it in some more this coming weekend. I couldn't get it dead on.

I'm still working on my iron sights as well. I went to hap baker this weekend and shot 5 inch groups at 50 yard and 7 inch groups at 100 yards with my new AR. The groups were in the 2 O'clock area , but still within the 12 inch circle part of the target. I'll be working on the zeroing it in some more this coming weekend. I couldn't get it dead on.

did you BZO you're riffle at 25 meters first? also depending on you're Irons (if you have the A2 sights) but at 25 meters is the same as shooting 300. then you can adjust rear elevation to the range you are shooting at for more acuracy but at 50 -100 yards you might need to aim a little low due to tragectory.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I use the Troy flip up battle sights and have them zeroed at 25 yards. I just put an Aimpoint RDS on and have that zeroed at 50 yards.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Good question...I haven't had a chance to zero them in together yet. I didn't have my irons on the gun when I sighted in the RDS and took the RDS off to sight in the irons on a 25yd private pistol range. Once i get to a proper rifle range i will have them zeroed together, I figured it be better to have the irons somewhat sighted in for when i go to the rifle range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom