• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    For convenience of personalizing the proposed letter to ATFE I have formatted it in Word format. If I can just figure out how to attach it you will have it for your use, and to pass along to other interested/affected parties.

Attachments

• APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION Letter 9-17-Word Document.docx
      20.4 KB · Views: 339

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Downloaded and opened up just fine for me as well.

Thanks hillbilly grandpa!

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Don’t change any of the text.

Multiple attorneys spent a long time wording it the way they did for a reason.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Is anyone including a self-addressed, stamped envelope? Just in case they actually have a "we don't care about you peons in Maryland" confirmation reply letter to send.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    And be sure to send it return receipt requested, so at least you have a record that you mailed and they received SOMETHING before 10/30/18. I suspect BAFTE they will glance at the avalanche of form letters and toss them in the trash with no record of what was received. At least this way you get a signed postcard returned.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The original last three separated paragraphs from the pdf (here https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5327112&postcount=1) are grouped together as one paragraph in the current word file posted above. Other than that formatting difference, the content looks to be identical. Change your top/bottom margin to .75, and hit the enter bar accordingly at the Pursuant and Please, and it comes out the same.

Good catch. When I imported the text from the pdf file the paragraph delineation was apparently corrupted. Here's the corrected format:

Attachments

• APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION Letter 9-17-Word Document.docx
      20.6 KB · Views: 117

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    Although I mailed mine 1st class a week ago, the tracking number said it wasn't delivered until 4:15 am this morning. Am I screwed because it didn't get there before Oct. 1?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Although I mailed mine 1st class a week ago, the tracking number said it wasn't delivered until 4:15 am this morning. Am I screwed because it didn't get there before Oct. 1?

No. It only has to be postmarked on or before Oct 1,2018.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    Just got a mailed response from ATF. Application is returned with a cover letter stating the Maryland legislation is BS and ATF isn't going to do shit about it. Also they kindly request that you all stop mailing them applications.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Just got a mailed response from ATF. Application is returned with a cover letter stating the Maryland legislation is BS and ATF isn't going to do shit about it. Also they kindly request that you all stop mailing them applications.

Want to post a scan of that reply?

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    So how's the judge going to rule now since you can't even notify ATF of your possession of a rapid fire device (ie motor oil). No way you can comply with the law as passed by Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom