• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    The Geissele Gas Gun challenge is a series focused on precision Semi-auto shooting. Matches take place at University Rifle Club near Reading, PA and New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club in Gap, PA.

Stages are like PRS type stages but tailored for semi-autos. Both clubs have target pits that allow for moving targets and almost every match will have a mover stage. Distances are from 200 to 700 yards.

There are two classes of rifle that compete:
    DMR: any semi-auto with any optic
    RECCE: barrel limited to 18" and optic limited to 6x max magnification
    Target sizes will vary depending on class with RECCE having larger targets.

Geissele is the premier sponsor this year and has contributed a significant prize table. Prizes are awarded at every match as well as the finale.

The first match was very successful and took place at University Rifle Club. Photos and some information can be found here:

https://m.facebook.com/Geissele-Gas...077015/?tsid=0.5190935834716561&source=result

Match 2 registration is now open and will take place May 6 at New Holland. Registration is below:

https://practiscore.com/2018-geissele-gas-gun-series-match-two-new-holland-pa/register

This match is fit for beginners and experienced shooters alike. Sign up and have some fun.

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    The complete match schedule is below:

April 22: University Rifle Club
    May 6: New Holland
    June 2: New Holland
    June 24: University Rifle Club
    July 15: University Rifle Club
    August 12: New Holland
    Finale October 6: New Holland

The Maryland crew had strong representation at the first match, taking the top 5 spots. Come join us!

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    Few spots left. This is a great match to try out longer range shooting as the targets are generally easier than bolt gun PRS matches.

And if you're really worried, at the first match last place in each class got 200 rounds of ammo to practice more. ;)

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I just signed up this is my first match and first time shooting over 600 lol I signed up form DMR. Do I need to buy a PRS Membership? I have a local club number#4171

DPMS GII Recon II .308
    16inch Barrel
    4-16 Nikon P308 Scope
    Magpul PRS Stock
    Bipod
    Monopod

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I just signed up this is my first match and first time shooting over 600 lol I signed up form DMR. Do I need to buy a PRS Membership? I have a local club number#4171

DPMS GII Recon II .308
    16inch Barrel
    4-16 Nikon P308 Scope
    Magpul PRS Stock
    Bipod
    Monopod

No membership needed.

If you've shot to 600, you'll be fine. If you have a good velocity on your load you can calculate drop pretty closely.

Looking forward to meeting you and please let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom