• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    it's a lot of fun, cause it's a smaller cartridge than your standard .223, but the bullet is actually a little bigger. You can check it out at www.ar57center.com, .

You might want to check that out - the bullet's used for 5.7 are .224 bullets (the same bullets used in .223/5.56). The only difference is the 5.7 is limited to the light .224 bullets while 5.56 can run heavier/longer bullets.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm wondering if this is why PWS discontinued them. I think Clandestine runs the PWS on all his AR's, so that definitely gives me a vote of confidence. However, the warranty issue is still a consideration.

Its just a CYA from YHM. Since YHM cant confirm a product is withing their specs they will just not cover it.

Anyone who uses the PWS (If they can find one) should install it and check coencitricity with the can attached before firing live rounds through the gun.

Its the most versatile brake on the market but its LOUD.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    You might want to check that out - the bullet's used for 5.7 are .224 bullets (the same bullets used in .223/5.56). The only difference is the 5.7 is limited to the light .224 bullets while 5.56 can run heavier/longer bullets.
    that's interesting, I will definitely have to check into that. I guess I took for granted the numbers being larger (5.7 vs. 5.56). I wonder if that would make it a little easier to reload if I could just use the .224 lightweight rather than purchasing specifically 5.7 rnds. Gonna have to take a look and see what I find.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    My 9mm rev. 2

CMMG MK9
    VLTOR CAS V
    VLTOR IMOD Buttstock
    Troy Fixed Rear Sight
    Troy Battle Ax Grip
    C-products 32 rd. Mag

Attachments