• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Need to free up some space in my safe and get the handguns off of the shelf. I have seen the handgun hangers and am leaning towards those because it looks like a simple fix. I would make them myself but I would not know how to rubber coat them.

Another idea would be to hang them on the door somehow. Saw another post with a good looking set up.

Any other suggestions?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I bought some off of Midway a few years back. They're rubber coated metal, very sturdy, and they plug into a pegboard that I have on the back of my safe door. Never given me a problem.

Edit. Found a picture, but they're discontinued. Surely another retailer has a similar product. It also comes with a metal bracket that you can screw down to some surface and then attach the hook to the bracket.http://www.midwayusa.com/product/78...l-peg-board-gun-rack-vinyl-coated-steel-black

784972.jpg

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Need to free up some space in my safe and get the handguns off of the shelf. I have seen the handgun hangers and am leaning towards those because it looks like a simple fix. I would make them myself but I would not know how to rubber coat them.

Another idea would be to hang them on the door somehow. Saw another post with a good looking set up.

Any other suggestions?

Trojan.

Or .... plastic coated hanging hooks from the hardware store. Not very expensive at all.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I only have a 16-gun fire-resistant safe and have 6-7 rifles and almost 50 handguns stored in it. The rifles are in one half of the safe, and the handguns are just everywhere. I have a multitude of velcro-backed holsters all over the door and inside walls; there are 4 four-gun racks that sit on my four shelves (on a 16-gun safe, there is only 9" of width on the shelves and a four gun rack is all I could fit); additionally, I have some single gun hangers (coated) that are shaped like a very elongated "S" - these slide onto the shelf above and you put the lower end into the barrel of a handgun - I use these to slip a handgun into the little bit of space left-over on the shelves that have the four gun racks. I purchased most of my safe accessories at www.deansafe.com, and a few items on MidwayUSA. If you get the velcro pistol holsters, I would recommend the Acorn brand - they are pretty heavy duty - the original batch that I bought were made of a much weaker material.

Using these different types of safe accessories has allowed me to cram an awful large amount of firepower into my little 16-gun safe!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not mine, looking at the labels I wish they were.

BUt I store the same way, borestores and stack em or line them up.

standard.jpg

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, I really wanted to rig something up on the inside of the door, but my safe just has a clean piece of sheet metal. I just want to be really sure of what I am doing before I start drilling.

In the meantime, I ordered a set of these and will see how they work out for me. The way my safe is configured, they may interfere with my long guns. Can't beat the price, so I will give it a try before I start drilling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331430416778?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Attachments

• Inside Safe Door.jpg
      Inside Safe Door.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 358

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I want to do the same thing, but I have felt in the inside of my door. A buddy of mine used old thread spools to hang his, but I want a cleaner solution. Not a fan of the sleeve either.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I want to do the same thing, but I have felt in the inside of my door. A buddy of mine used old thread spools to hang his, but I want a cleaner solution. Not a fan of the sleeve either.

I am with you on this. My OCD condition requires that the solution be clean and looking as if it came straight from the factory. I imagine that you have a piece of sheet metal behind the felt. That is nice because you can afford to drill a hole or two and the felt will cover it up if you do not like the results.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I am with you on this. My OCD condition requires that the solution be clean and looking as if it came straight from the factory. I imagine that you have a piece of sheet metal behind the felt. That is nice because you can afford to drill a hole or two and the felt will cover it up if you do not like the results.

Not metal, some sort of particle board. That'll make it easy to work with, but need to worry about rigidity in the solution I choose.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I put a section of pegboard on the upper half of the door and use prefab or self made hooks. This is for one quick access handgun and pocket knives, accessories. I make drop hooks to use the bottom of the door where close proximity to the rifles would be an issue. i store bayonets and fixed blade tools there. I use a system like Jimbob to store handguns, except I use cut to length sections of rifle socks. Any other method devours space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom