ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Ordered ammo; need rifle!

I REALLY need to stop looking at these threads.

I am with you. I ordered 5 cases, and I don't even have a gun to shoot these!

I've been searching for a nice rifle with which to shoot them.

There is a CZ in the classifieds, but the seller is in Abingdon. There is a Henry's lever gun from the dreaded Dick's.
    Would appreciate suggestions/warnings on a .22 rifle.
    I've been reading warnings on this listserv about Rugers being hard to clean (w/o parts flying all over the room).

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

There is a CZ in the classifieds, but the seller is in Abingdon. There is a Henry's lever gun from the dreaded Dick's.
    I've been reading warnings on this listserv about Rugers being hard to clean (w/o parts flying all over the room).
    Well, you can look at it this way: you can think of a name for the Ruger while you look for parts all over the room...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

I saw the CZ, it looks to be a nice rifle. You can get a Ruger American instead of the 10-22. It's a bolt gun that uses the 10-22 mags. It's not a wood stock but the one my boy has is really accurate. There are other semi .22's out there and probably more .22 bolt guns as well. Check out the black friday sales as well as pawnshops. You'll find something you like to shoot them out of. There's always the S&W 15-22 as an option too.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

If you want a semi-auto, the Ruger 10/22 in whatever flavor you like is the one to get. If you want a bolt gun, the Ruger American Rimfire is the one.

The 10/22 is the AR of semiauto rimfire. They've been around forever, everyone and their brother makes parts for them, they're super reliable, and easy to work on and clean. There's no worry with parts flying around with a 10/22. They're also cheap, with the basic models going for about $200.

For a bolt gun, the same things go for the Ruger American Rimfire. They have an adjustable trigger that's quite nice for a cheap gun, the barrels are free-floated from the factory, they use the wonderful 10/22 magazine, and they're also fairly cheap.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Thanks for the suggestions

I kinda like the CZ in the classifieds. I have arranged to buy that one. It’s a bolt gun, but looks rather interesting.
    I suppose I can pick up a 10/22 soon enough.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I kinda like the CZ in the classifieds. I have arranged to buy that one. It’s a bolt gun, but looks rather interesting.
    The CZ 513 is a smaller and lighter weight rifle that is still very accurate. I think that you'll be impressed with your 50 yard target results using standard 22LR ammo. Picture of mine below to give an idea on size with a Remington 870 as a reference comparison.
    26bbbb279afd207f3cdca4f3cc40e50a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

You won't be sad. Those are great rifles also!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    DSG is selling them this week at the same price. I don't personally shop there anymore but I might if I can't find them anywhere else.

Use the Dicks $10 off any purchase over $50 if you go there.
    Every Dicks receipt has a link for a survey. Take the survey and they immediately email you the coupon.
    Drives your final cost to under 2 cents per round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom