• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    URGENT REQUEST FOR CHARLES COUNTY Senator Middleton appears to be a fence sitter but leaning towards SB0281. We need to flood his office with calls, emails, fax and requests for visits. From reading the boards here it looks like many of the other Districts are doing their part and if is time for CHARLES County to do theirs. I know their are a bunch of gun loving folks down here and we need to have our voices heard. Please have everyone you know contact him and let him know your stance since he represents YOU!

Contact info:

THOMAS McLAIN (MAC) MIDDLETON
    Democrat, District 28, Charles County

Miller Senate Office Building, 3 East Wing
    11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 841-3616, (301) 858-3616
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3616 (toll free)
    e-mail: thomas.mclain.middleton@senate.state.md.us
    fax: (410) 841-3682, (301) 858-3682
    P. O. Box 1735, Waldorf, MD 20604 - 1735
    (301) 932-0909; fax: (301) 934-3049

Email response I got a week or so ago...

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I have not reviewed the legislation in its entirety. Rest assured this issue has my full attention. I have always been a proponent of protecting our constitutional rights as well as not imposing further restrictions on gun use. This is a very emotional issue for many reasons but in particularly after the Connecticut tragedy last month. That sad December morning has had far reaching affects on all of us. Unfortunately there is a rush to push more gun control legislation rather than a careful look at what the root cause is of these horrific events. I assure you that I will review the gun legislation closely and will certainly take into account my constituency's views.

Very truly yours,
    Mac Middleton

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    Got this from Delegate Wood earlier. Looks safe on that front.

Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning the various bills dealing with fire-arms before the Maryland General Assembly this legislative session. I also wish to apologize for my delay in responding to you as my office has been inundated with thousands of e-mails from all over the state and country. As I have but one staff person in my Annapolis office, it is a monumental task to just open and respond to each one in addition to handling other legislative duties.

I have always supported and will defend the Second Amendment. Citizens should be entitled to defend themselves, their families and property should the need arise. You may be assured that I share your concerns over the rush to enact legislation that would affect law-abiding citizens and do nothing to deter those who are intent on using fire arms to commit crimes. We must use common sense. Far too much focus has been put on the weapon and not on the individual who is pulling the trigger. More focus should be on mental health programs to provide services to those in need.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this issue with me. I can assure you that should this legislation pass favorably out of committee, I will be voting in opposition to it on the House floor.

Sincerely,

Delegate John F. Wood, Jr.
    District 29-A, St. Mary’s and Charles Counties

DieHard4192

Jan 16, 2013
    Charles County
    E-mail sent. Just a tip, if you are from District 28 be sure to include your city and zip code in your e-mail. This was a tip given to me on another gun forum as someone working as an aid to a Federal delegate as it will ensure the delegate knows the person contacting them is from their district and carries a bit more weight.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    Update: Just talked with one of my neighbors. He is an avid sportsman and a member of a local gun club in Charles County. He said that they have Middleton Hall which is named after Senator Middleton. That would seem to indicate that he is pro 2a but his email response seems a bit vague and non-committal to me. I think we really need to keep on pounding him with calls and emails to get our opposition registered. http://www.stcharlessc.com/ Might even be worth mentioning in your letters to him.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Reply from Mac Middleton, Senator Thomas Middleton, to my email

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I have not reviewed the legislation in its entirety. Rest assured this issue has my full attention. I have always been a proponent of protecting our constitutional rights as well as not imposing further restrictions on gun use. This is a very emotional issue for many reasons but in particularly after the Connecticut tragedy last month. That sad December morning has had far reaching affects on all of us. Unfortunately there is a rush to push more gun control legislation rather than a careful look at what the root cause is of these horrific events. I assure you that I will review the gun legislation closely and will certainly take into account my constituency's views.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    C'mon folks. We need many more to email, call, fax or visit Senator Middleton. He is our voice on this and we need to make sure he knows what WE want. If we are silent we have no reason to bitch if he votes in favor of more restrictive measures.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    A more concrete answer from Sen Middleton:

On Feb 19, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Middleton, Thomas Senator wrote:

Good Morning and thank you for writing. I will not support anything that infringes on our 2nd amendment rights,

Mac Middleton

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    ...and Peter Murphy is meeting with constituents March 1st. Below is his email response:

As you may be aware, the Maryland House of Delegates Judiciary and Health and Government Operations Committees will be holding a joint hearing on the Maryland Firearms Safety Act of 2013 on March 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm.

Should you be planning on attending this hearing, I would be happy to meet with you at 12:30 prior to the hearing. Please respond to this email to let me know if you are interested in meeting, as I will need to reserve a room in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you either way. Thank you.

With best regards,

Delegate Peter Murphy

Charles County, District 28

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    ALL,
    The responses from emails to politicians are all generic responses. I'm not sure how much the emails impact the decisions being made. I do know that the one thing a politician understands is being without a job after the next election...question is, can we make that happen?...your thoughts?

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    A more concrete answer from Sen Middleton:

On Feb 19, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Middleton, Thomas Senator wrote:

Good Morning and thank you for writing. I will not support anything that infringes on our 2nd amendment rights,

Mac Middleton

We met with Senator Middleton last week at St. Charles Sportsman's Club, he assured us he would not support S.B. 281.

Thank you gentlemen. That makes me feel a little better. Still need to give him our opinions for opposition. He can use it as ammo during the hearings.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    ...and Peter Murphy is meeting with constituents March 1st. Below is his email response:

As you may be aware, the Maryland House of Delegates Judiciary and Health and Government Operations Committees will be holding a joint hearing on the Maryland Firearms Safety Act of 2013 on March 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm.

Should you be planning on attending this hearing, I would be happy to meet with you at 12:30 prior to the hearing. Please respond to this email to let me know if you are interested in meeting, as I will need to reserve a room in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you either way. Thank you.

With best regards,

Delegate Peter Murphy

Charles County, District 28
    Murphy 100% will support the bill--He hates guns!!! I know his son in law very well and he has said many times he has tried to get Murphy to go shooting, hunting, learn about guns, etc and he has no desire. Never owned a gun and has no desire to learn about them. Thinks they are evil....

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Reply from Mac Middleton, Senator Thomas Middleton, to my email

Got this today myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom