• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Just saying from a collector's perspective: this will absolutely lead to a huge run on ANY C&R and antique parts and likely force us to create clever work-arounds. It will also, quite likely, create a black market if it passes. Also, it may lead to more people being willing to flagrantly ignore all firearms laws currently in place. While it would be a technical success at least at first, given time, it would lead to far more problems than it is purportedly meant to solve.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'll be frank. They can do what ever they want and I'll do whatever I want. I'm an American and I refuse to let them take that from me. If they want do criminalize Freedom, and they do, then I'll be a Free criminal.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Harris commented on one of her interviews that she planned to Withrdraw ALL Federal Fitearm Licenses...

I'll take her at her word...

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    At that time, FFL holders should say "molon labe". If they do not they never deserved Liberty in the first place.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just saying from a collector's perspective: this will absolutely lead to a huge run on ANY C&R and antique parts and likely force us to create clever work-arounds. It will also, quite likely, create a black market if it passes. Also, it may lead to more people being willing to flagrantly ignore all firearms laws currently in place. While it would be a technical success at least at first, given time, it would lead to far more problems than it is purportedly meant to solve.

:innocent0

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This getting out is apparently not being appreciated by his cheerleaders and however else social media content gets propagated.

We put it up on the MDS FB page and are getting hammered by tons of trolls trying to slide this down, report it as fake news and claim that his campaign page doesn't say what it clearly says.

While the NRA graphic circulating isn't detailed, graphics are not designed to do so. They are designed to grab your attention. It doesn't make it any less true.

His plan is to bring "assault" weapons and "high capacity" magazines under the NFA or you can just surrender them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    And despite seeing this, I am 100% sure there will be people who will vote for him because "these are words" but "Trump actually banned bump stocks."

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And despite seeing this, I am 100% sure there will be people who will vote for him because "these are words" but "Trump actually banned bump stocks."

Yep and those people are some of the biggest morons on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Yeah, we have those trolls too.

You have 99% of something, or 100% of nothing.

Choose.

I'll be frank. They can do what ever they want and I'll do whatever I want. I'm an American and I refuse to let them take that from me. If they want do criminalize Freedom, and they do, then I'll be a Free criminal.

But when the shit really hits the fan and they come kicking in doors or weaponizing the IRS will you stand and fight? There's an awful lot of gun owners who talk tough but in my experience their desire to remain law abiding is more important to them than actually fighting if push comes to shove I'm not talking about fighting at the ballot box or in the court.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence

Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Over 100,000 people are shot and nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and communities. We can and will make gun violence a thing of the past.

They use the term gun violence here, which is a mis-direction. Almost 25,000 of the 40,000 deaths by a firearm are self-inflicted. Never mind that gun deaths have been declining for 40 years.

Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible and supporting suicide reduction initiatives, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence.

Here at least they admit that suicide is an issue and they are addressing it. Also they address funding of interventions in "neighborhoods"; which is code for black communities. The leading cause of death for black 15-21 year old males is homicides. "Interventions" tend to be incarcerations. But this makes sense. Many "neighborhoods' have large, cash only, business that employs young males and cannot rely on government enforcement or mitigation of disputes. In turn these youth must depend on themselves for protection and dispute resolution. So this isn't a "gun" problem, it's a failure of government to govern.

Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue, including the ongoing health care, mental health, economic, and social costs that can affect survivors and their families for years.

I don't have any issues with studies,but I believe this is an attempt to justify and support the actions below. Not to gain knowledge.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition, close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers, abusive partners, and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal 47 background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms.

This is where the platform starts to deviate from "common sense" to just making things up. I know many here disagree with me, and for sure not a single political figure and lobbying group likes this idea, but I would "Close the gun show loophole" buy requiring the AFT to buy a booth at every gun show where non-FFL "individuals" may elect to complete a instant background check for a minimum charge, say $20.

As far as "online sales" the party seems to be going after some type of online blackmarket, that as far as I know doesn't exist. Any firearm I've bought from an on-line dealer has gone through a FFL - I have bought ammo online, but I don't even get the concern. I know of people in other states that have bought firearms off of local forums or from local club listing on a buttelingborad at the range. But I don't see any issues with this as long as the law is followed - but I think it is a way to advance a gun removal program.

And the Charleston loophole - that's just something they made up. It's not a loophole at all. The law says the Fed's have three days to complete a background check. That they can't get it done in time isn't a loophole.

Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and extreme risk protection order laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes.

Assault Weapons is a made up and undefined term. What is an assault weapon? What's the difference between an assault weapon, a personal defense rifle and a sporting long gun? Biden has stated his plan is to open the NFA registry for "assault Weapons" - which means he will then close the NFA registry like they did in '86. A de facto dan, if not an out-right one. And we all know that licensing and red flag laws we have here are not the model of freedom. And while I hope everyone of us keeps our guns stored safely, I don't know why that really means. I think they are selling the idea of them being stored in a safe, but once the regulations start being written it will be disassembled, unloaded with the gun and ammo kept in seperate locations. Heller be damned.

Democrats believe that gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

And this is just laughable. If you fire a standard load and you gun blows up in your face you can sue. If you get drunk and pissed on and shoot up a bar, your victims can't sue the gun magnifier or the gun dealer that sold you the gun in good faith and in accordance with the law. Just like if you got drunk and drove your call through a crowded mall. This is simply a thinly veiled attempt to crush the gun industry through law suites.

I'm not a big fan of Trump. I just don't like the guy, but at least he says what he means and does what he says. I don't like a lot of it. But he's not bullshitting me.

It's my belief that the Dems want "Universal Background Checks" in order to justify "Universal Gun Registration" with the NFA registrator. They want registration so they can close the roster. All because they believe that individuals should not have the capability to resist. Anyone who owns a firearm and votes for a Democrat that is not actively and publicly opposing this platform is a sucker.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    But when the shit really hits the fan and they come kicking in doors or weaponizing the IRS will you stand and fight? There's an awful lot of gun owners who talk tough but in my experience their desire to remain law abiding is more important to them than actually fighting if push comes to shove I'm not talking about fighting at the ballot box or in the court.

so what are you going to do? shoot it out with the tac team descending upon your house? going to run around town with an AR slung, to stick it to the man?

the good news is i just don't see anyone going house to house to take our guns. but with a ban there will be no more new guns. and getting discovered & arrested if we go to the range etc to shoot them. sure, most will keep their guns, but locked up in the safe really isn't why we bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom